Good experience, balanced mix of work.

Former Employee - Paid Intern  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Paid Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at DCI Group

Pros

DCI Group gave me a great idea of what working for a large republican P.R. firm was like. I got to do a little bit of everything from writing and research to outreach. I felt like I learned a good deal about the issues I was covering and got a decent amount of feedback from the account managers.

Cons

At times it was very busy and at times I felt like I had nothing to do, these did coincide with congress being in session but I also had the impression that it was due to not having one direct manager which led to getting lost in the mix.

I would assign a specific mentor to each intern from one of the account teams they are working on. I think this would allow the intern to feel much more comfortable asking important questions.

Other Reviews for DCI Group

Think Twice.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at DCI Group

Pros

You can make some very impressive connections. Most of the people here are willing to help you finish your work if you are in need. IT guys are a riot.

Cons

Long hours, no life/work balance. You do questionable work for questionable companies. There are too many instances where things are not communicated to the staff and you find things out way too late to make the correct decisons. Transparency is definitly an issue here.

Talk to your peeople, the will be more loyal to you if you do.

DCI Group is a fabulous company that cares about its work product and employees at the same time.

Current Employee - Seniour Applications Developer  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Seniour Applications Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at DCI Group

Pros

A degree of professionalism perhaps not found elsewhere. A good level of autonomy and respect for good ideas. Great benefits package including crediting leave at the beginning of the year (instead of having to earn it throughout the year.) They aren't dumb, though, because you switch to pro-rated the year you leave.

Company regularly rewards good work, recognizes hard work and adding value to the company. This is a progressive company with a conservative management style. Meaning they pick good, new directions but have solid plans that move the company towards those goals incrementally and in smaller, manageable steps.

Cons

Smaller company going through some growing pains. Clients are top-notch in each industry, though perhaps best representing big-corporation issues.

I would like them to provide support staff with more work from home and telecommute opportunities. The infrastructure is there, just need to work out how to manage it.

Keep on keeping on! Doing a great job!

There are newer employer reviews for DCI Group.

Worked for DCI Group? Contribute to the Community!