Life was different before Defender

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DEFENDER full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

"Work harder on yourself than you do on your job." You'll hear this on day one at Defender and you'll find over time that Defender not only encourages it, but they also provide the resources that make it possible. I would encourage everyone to take advantage of the opportunities that Defender offers. The convention coming up in February is going to be a day full of speakers and presentations focused on self improvement. The incentives are really amazing too. A lot of people get the opportunity to watch the Pacers play or see a concert from our suite at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Every January the company takes the top performers and a guest to a resort for a 4 day vacation. We just got back from Cancun yesterday and it was amazing!

Cons

I can't really come up with any cons. I really love my job and the people I work with.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with the benefits. Tuition Assistance, Weight Watchers at work, Adoption Assistance, clinic services, etc. I'm excited to see the great benefits that you come up with next!

reviews filtered by

I love my job, but it's clearly a one sided relationship at times.

Current Employee - Technician in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Technician in San Jose, CA

I have been working at DEFENDER full-time

Pros

Best job i've ever had. It has put food on the table and a comfortable roof over my families head for more than 3 years. There are many great things about the job that I love. The company culture is awesome! Their 4 passions are the key to success while working for Defender. First you've got to take responsibility for your own life and NEVER believe that you are entitled to a job that's why 1. Personal Development is key. You need to make it a priority to personally grow. Don't think for a moment that you are going to just coast through this job. You have to develop. 2nd is Systems are The Solution. You not only have to follow their systems they have in place but you need to create and share your own if you want to progress. 3rd is what Defender exists to do and they us to Develop Leaders. Not only at work but at home and in your community. Which leads to the 4th Eve Expanding Influence. Defender is always growing and getting into different markets but their influence is not only focused on profits (but don't think for a moment that profit is not important) they are making a difference in many communities and organizations. Thus really is a great company to be a part of.

Cons

Now please take in consideration that these cons are just my observations. They might not be held by others because I realize that these may be my only my perception on a situation. There are some long hours if you work in the field a an installer our manager. You're at work by 6:30am and might not get home till your job is done. I have worked many 60 plus hour work weeks. It is a large company that is constantly changing so expect your job to change every year several times. Their taking system (ATA) is pretty frustrating when a customer cancels our reschedules before you arrive and that counts heavily against your ranking and therefore your paycheck. That's pretty discouraging at times.

Advice to Management

Remember that the saying "Businesses Don't Grow; People Do" really means that the real asset of the company are the people. Treat them well. Because without them you would not exist.

Underpaid

Current Employee - Permit Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Permit Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DEFENDER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Christian environment. Opportunities to grow as a leader. Great contest and communicty service activities.

Cons

Pay is horrible and there is a bit of micro-managing.

Advice to Management

Give employees room to grow and better pay would be nice.