There are newer employer reviews for DENSO

Finding myself dealing with incompetent American management who should be removed from their positions.

Current Employee - Senior Maintenance Technician in Maryville, TN
Current Employee - Senior Maintenance Technician in Maryville, TN

I have been working at DENSO

Pros

I get a GREAT end of year bonus, and 2 extra weeks a year off usually for the 4th of July and Christmas.

Cons

The top out pay for maintenance has only risen less than a dollar in 5 years. The maintenance management has been promoted from within and struggle. Technicians with broader skills and styles are leaving because of the incompatibility with the management and no chance of promotion. Look at some of the GREAT leaders that have stepped down. NO DEPARTMENT SENIORITY. How can you bring someone from production with ZERO maintenance experience through an apprenticeship and then in 3 years give them access to 1st shift while you have higher skilled workers with 15 plus years in maintenance forced to stay on 2nd or 3rd. Rules prevent SHIFT TO SHIFT in a transfer to another area unless you have been at the same job post for 10 years. So you quit instead of finding happiness in another building possibly. Why would any company want to prevent an employee from moving to the same shift if it is an off-shift anyway?

Advice to Management

Someone in Japan needs to get involved. Advisers should be present to rebuild the original Denso methods. Zone maintenance on a lean skeleton crew is insane. 201, 202, and 203 are falling apart in maintenance. You do not have real technicians running the show. You have unrealistic goals you have set with your manpower and or quality of technicians in place. You have selfish leadership in place. I know what is said in exit interviews. Has anyone done anything about it? Of course not. That is why Green Mountain is snatching up your experienced base. Time for a change in all management!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fair Company to Work For

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at DENSO

Pros

Job Security is great "Job for Life"
    Friendly People
    Work/Life Balance

Cons

Benefits not as good as they used to be
    No room for growth
    Incompetent Management

Advice to Management

Take care of your workers...the best are leaving and the company will get stuck with all the underperformers who are taking advantage of the "Job for Life"

2. Overall a good place to work.

Former Employee - Co-Op Engineer in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Co-Op Engineer in Southfield, MI

I worked at DENSO

Pros

They had great pay, I liked the majority of the people that I worked with, and they were pretty flexible if you wanted to move around the company and try different things.

Cons

They expect you to put in a lot of time. I'm not sure how other departments handled it, but engineers would often have to burn the midnight oil.

Advice to Management

The only thing I could think of is helping co-ops to get a better idea of the whole project that they are helping with. Sometimes it seems like everything done is rather ineffectual, and it would be nice to know what is going on.