There are newer employer reviews for DENSO

About DENSO

Former Employee - Senior Sales Specialist
Former Employee - Senior Sales Specialist

I worked at DENSO

Pros

One of the most prestigious company in the industry.
Relatively competitive salary.

Cons

Slow speed on promotion for highly talented employees.
Employees other than Japanese do not get promoted that often.

They need to start looking at us and employees around the globe as equal as they are paying attention to their employees in Japan.
More English speaking talented staffs are needed.

35 Other Employee Reviews for DENSO (View Most Recent)

Stable employment, long work hours

Current Employee - Production  in  Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Production in Maryville, TN

I have been working at DENSO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stable employment, Better than average benefits, safe work environment, fair company policies, good location, cafeteria on site, great location.

Cons

Heavy work load, expectation to work long hours, policies are not applied consistently, no sick days so people come to work sick and spread illnesses

Value all associates. Especially, production associates.

Rapidly becoming a typical American automotive supply company, and that is a bad thing.

Current Employee - Technician  in  Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Technician in Maryville, TN

I have been working at DENSO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I used to think there might be some, not anymore. Steady pay until I can find another job.

Cons

Total dis-involvement from executive level. Crisis management is the normal way of operation. Lack of trust. Lack of communication. More resources given over to finding who to place blame with than to resolving the crisis of the hour. No training. No reliable communication from leadership. Serious lack of trust in management. All leaders are moving in different directions. All risk and crisis management is reactionary. I hear members of the so-called leadership team openly bad mouth and disparage the company and senior management and executives. Very low morale and low quality of life. Equipment is neglected and the TPM/PM systems are a joke at best. If production is threatened in any way; safety, maintenance, and any proactive plan will be summarily pushed aside without hesitation. I have heard the maintenance group repeatedly complain that they want to fix breakdowns properly, but the "DENSO Way" has become just get it running vice making a permanent repair.

It is far to late for the current management/executive hierarchy to learn from and fix the problems they have created. Only the Japanese finally saying Jūbun'na! and cleaning out some offices soon can keep Denso from becoming another Delphi.

There are newer employer reviews for DENSO

Worked for DENSO? Contribute to the Community!