DFS Guam

Former Employee - Hard Worker in Tumon (Guam)
Former Employee - Hard Worker in Tumon (Guam)

I worked at DFS Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In the 90's in was a great place to work, senior management actually took the time to know the sales and support staff, the back bone of the company. Company match 401k Insurance was not bad price

Cons

Since the 90'and to the present, yes, I have worked for DFS nearly 15 years, it has changed so much. Starting with the senior management/ executives (3rd floor) and down to the sales managers and TL's. More about " them" and less about then actual employees who do the job. Executives holiday parties to other islands, but set up as a "conference" all paid for by DFS. Bonus system is broken. 6 figures for some.. But most, meaning the hard workers, was only in the hundreds. Even heard they treat our troops unfairly after returning from deployments.

Advice to Management

Get rid of some of the senior management who cost more to pay than what they actually produce for then company. Even with some of then mid level mangers, support and operations. Take care of the employees. Some of them have been there longer then all of you put together and have seen many, many "bosses " come through the doors of DFS. With big ideas, in reality they are just looking for their 6 figure end of the year bonus. Yes, most of the staff know about those outrageous bonuses. Why, Because they have worked for DFS for 10, 15, 20 years on island. Island Pride is Strong!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I am enjoying my life

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Bedok New Town (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Bedok New Town (Singapore)

I have been working at DFS Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good employee benefits. If you are crazy for brands, this is tthe place for you. They offer 25-35 % discount on all regular priced products at their outlets. And trust me it covers the biggest of brands that you can think of, including Tag heuer,Longine, Omega, Estee Laude, Fendi, Marc, Coach, Chanel, Hennessy and list goes on.

Cons

Small environment for IT folks. Though on one hand it means less work load, on the other hand it is you loose the opportunity to learn new things.

DFS Group is one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

I have been working at DFS Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good exposure Opportunity to work overseas Great learning experience Promote from within Great benefits Attractive bonus Once you are being sent overseas, you are well taken care of by their "Expat" package that does not have an expiration date as for as I know.

Cons

Office politics (better to know which one to stay away from). Lack of team work (watch your back) Candidates/employees who are internationally mobile are highly preferred. Talented employees with great performance are most likely going to stay at the same job level if they can't work in other countries due to family or other personal obligations.

Advice to Management

Keep the local employees as happy as you treat Expats.