DHL Express

www.dhl.com/en/express.html
  www.dhl.com/en/express.html
There are newer employer reviews for DHL Express

great group of people, poorly managed company with no opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Project Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Project Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at DHL Express

Pros

great group of people and fairly good benefits. Most managers are good about being flexible with schedules.

Cons

Lack of training and opportunities for advancement. Policies differ too much between different groups. No employee development or career paths

improve communication between departments and groups. Offer more training opportunities and offer it to everyone.

287 Other Employee Reviews for DHL Express (View Most Recent)

DHL forgot about the customer and focussed on promotions

Current Employee - Supplier Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Supplier Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at DHL Express

Pros

DHL is a global company with a lot of opportunities in various countries. While it is true that they are closing within the United States, the global part of the company is very profitable. The salaries were above industry average and work life balance was very strong. In regards to the benefit structure, DHL is generous with medicle, vision, dental, vacation policy and the pension plan is great. DHL Logistics and Global Forwarding are staying open within the United States so DHL will still be around and Duetsch Post's Global Mail also has operations here. I think that DHL may have been poorly run in the U.S. but as a Global Corporation is an outstanding employer.

Cons

The management in the United States has to be seperated into the proper areas. There was U.S. Express, Global Business Servies, Global Forwarding and Logistics. Global Business Servies were run locally but managed out of Europe and the U.S. Management lacked communication skills but the European Management is a very efficient team. The U.S. Management became caught up in what most large American Corporations do which was to cover their tracks instead of fostering creativity and out of the box thinking. When Management is so overpaid as they are, some focus gets lost on making sure the core competencies remain intact. The Directors and V.P's are incompetent because America fosters bad management. This is a national issue not a DHL one.

Remember that your job is to ship packages so make sure the customer is happy and not senior management

Stay away.

Former Employee - Courier in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Courier in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DHL Express

Pros

Nothing good to say. They ran Airborne Express out of business within 4 short years. Airborne was around for nearly 50 years with no German interference.

Cons

This ship has sailed, only supervisors were kept as drivers.

You guys should have stopped lying and given out good info about what was happening. Some of us could have had jobs lined up to go to, but instead, we are out of work in the worst reccession I have lived through. I was strung along saying that I would still have a job....

There are newer employer reviews for DHL Express