DHL Express

www.dhl.com/en/express.html
  www.dhl.com/en/express.html
There are newer employer reviews for DHL Express

Greed at the top hurts the front line

Current Employee - International Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - International Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DHL Express

Pros

The benefits are good, the friendships are okay. Many good people have left after the lame salary decrease in January.

Cons

management at the top has no respect for this channel, the change in pay has hurt all employees. behind the scenes money games played with commissions/bonuses. not really a sales job as you have to do the job for billing, collections and lose most bigger sales to other divisions without compensation. No respect for the amount of work done. Our base pay was reduced by almost $10k without any input and in its place a commission structure that rewards the same few people over and over while the rest of us that are tenured employees struggle to make ends meet. The salary decrease really destroyed morale and continues to eat away everyday at the sales people who are treated like crap by upper management beyond the channel. No matter how much The Director tries to make condition better, he has no power as upper management treats him like crap too.

It doesn't matter as they don't listen. Management makes it quite clear that is you do not like being told what to do start your own company.

284 Other Employee Reviews for DHL Express (View Most Recent)

They laid everyone off!

Former Employee - IT Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - IT Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DHL Express

Pros

They paid us really well, gave us free cell phones and great bonuses. It was neat to work on projects with people all over the world.

Cons

They ended up laying off 80% of the Scottsdale IT Data Centre staff over a six month period when the company decided to pull out of the US Express (US to US location delivery) market, bowing out to UPS and Fedex. I can't imagine DHL Express Americas exists today in anywhere close to the presence they used to have.

Thanks for the good times and great experience. I did find there was a bit of a good-old-boy system in place in terms of who got promoted, laid off, etc.

Station Mgr DHL Express

Former Employee - Station Manager in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Station Manager in Edison, NJ

I worked at DHL Express

Pros

DHL was a great place to work until the company restructured and laid off hundreds of employees both hourly and mgmt. They are now strictly an international shipping company.

Cons

Restructure was done with poor communication. Topline communication and public relations were good but internal customer communication was terrible.j

Always be up front with all employees during a difficult change to help manage day to day operations and the personnel.

There are newer employer reviews for DHL Express