There are newer employer reviews for DHL Express

Greed at the top hurts the front line

Current Employee - International Sales Specialist  in  Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - International Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DHL Express

Pros

The benefits are good, the friendships are okay. Many good people have left after the lame salary decrease in January.

Cons

management at the top has no respect for this channel, the change in pay has hurt all employees. behind the scenes money games played with commissions/bonuses. not really a sales job as you have to do the job for billing, collections and lose most bigger sales to other divisions without compensation. No respect for the amount of work done. Our base pay was reduced by almost $10k without any input and in its place a commission structure that rewards the same few people over and over while the rest of us that are tenured employees struggle to make ends meet. The salary decrease really destroyed morale and continues to eat away everyday at the sales people who are treated like crap by upper management beyond the channel. No matter how much The Director tries to make condition better, he has no power as upper management treats him like crap too.

It doesn't matter as they don't listen. Management makes it quite clear that is you do not like being told what to do start your own company.

265 Other Employee Reviews for DHL Express (View Most Recent)

They laid everyone off!

Former Employee - IT Business Analyst  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - IT Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DHL Express

Pros

They paid us really well, gave us free cell phones and great bonuses. It was neat to work on projects with people all over the world.

Cons

They ended up laying off 80% of the Scottsdale IT Data Centre staff over a six month period when the company decided to pull out of the US Express (US to US location delivery) market, bowing out to UPS and Fedex. I can't imagine DHL Express Americas exists today in anywhere close to the presence they used to have.

Thanks for the good times and great experience. I did find there was a bit of a good-old-boy system in place in terms of who got promoted, laid off, etc.

Good Company, Bad management

Former Employee - Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DHL Express

Pros

Good pay, Learning opportunities, International experience

Cons

Lack of employee recognition, politics, daily org changes

Do your job or leave

There are newer employer reviews for DHL Express

Worked for DHL Express? Contribute to the Community!