DIRECTV
www.directv.com El Segundo, CA 5000+ Employees

Directv is a great place to start, but not a great place to grow.

Analyst (Current Employee)
El Segundo, CA

ProsFree DIRECTV, decent benefits. The health plan is great. It's a good place to start off your career. The managers in our department are laid back and are great with letting us take time off.

ConsIt's hard to get promoted. A lot of hiring is done from outside of the company. There doesn't seem to be a lot of respect towards young employees working hard to make the company better.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart promoting from within. Try to change culture of a company. A minimum of positions should be filled with people who are already directv employees. Employees should be encouraged to apply, not threatened.

Not just the HDTV leader, the Employment leader!!!

Training Manager (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at DIRECTV

Pros: DIRECTV is the best entertainment in the world, being a… Cons: You cannot expect to join the team and expect to become the boss immediately. As with all career choices, time must… Advice to Senior Management: Train, train and then train some more. Technical training is not something learned in a short period of time, CSR's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I love working here, and I love the technological challenges.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    El Segundo, CA

I have been working at DIRECTV

Pros: Great people, fun atmosphere, technologically challenging Cons: No sick days. Only PTO days which are used for… Advice to Senior Management: Bring back sick days. Not having sick days means people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on DIRECTV.

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DIRECTV reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DIRECTV CEO Michael D. (Mike) White. All reviews posted anonymously by DIRECTV employees.