There are newer employer reviews for DIRECTV

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Training Specialist in Missoula, MT
Current Employee - Training Specialist in Missoula, MT

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company is comitted to employee engagement. Great workplace culture. Lots of support, benefits, perks.

Cons

Pay is not necessarily in line with cost of living.

reviews filtered by

Watch Your Back - You May Find A Knife Strategically Placed

Former Employee - IT Principal Analyst in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - IT Principal Analyst in El Segundo, CA

I worked at DIRECTV full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with some amazing people. All employees get free DiRECTV. The overall benefits were good.

Cons

I worked with some horrible people. Constantly shifting organizational structure, no real advancement benefits, Sr. management were the only ones being promoted, less than cost of living wage increases, horrible HR department. Although it is one company, the business units exist as separate entities, which makes it difficult to have any uniformity in procedures and processes.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. They are he ones who ultimately drive your success. Be fair and impartial. Just dint take the word of the manager blindly.

Good exposure but questionable job security

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Associate in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Associate in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you want to be in the entertainment business, many positions at Directv offer exposure to television networks, content producers and sports leagues. The work/life balance was good and you get free tv. There are a lot of good people working at this company and it is as much a technology company as it is a television company. The current CEO was there for a year before I left and I was impressed by the positive cultural shifts he was able to make in such a short time.

Cons

There is a very top down approach and constant restructuring, which means layoffs of good people. It really depends on your boss if you have a good experience here. A large portion of the staff is hired on contract, which was bad for employee morale because they are not allowed the same privileges as the full employees.

There are newer employer reviews for DIRECTV