DIRECTV

There are newer employer reviews for DIRECTV

Technical customer service

Current Employee - Technical Customer Service in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Technical Customer Service in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In my experience working in the Cable TV call center industry for over 10 years this is the best company I have worked for. They truly go out of their way for their customers & employees. Unlike other call center environments, they understand that numbers alone don't tell the whole story. Though talk time is important it isn't what defines your performance. They are more concerned with first call resolution & giving the customer a great experience. This place has a the lowest turnover/churn rate I have ever seen in a call center. That alone should tell you something. If you're sincere, have a good a attitude & can be a player you can move up quick. The free DirecTV service is Huge plus! You only pay for the premier protection plan & any ppv movies or events. You get 1 free upgrade a year & you get to own the equipment. You also get every single movie & sports package which includes the nfl Sunday ticket superfan. It all would normally cost about $400 a month.

Cons

I think the starting wage could better. The medical benefits are very confusing & not that great. An FSA credit card would be nice. They lockdown the computers to the point where its ridiculous. We can't even ungroup tabs or arrange our own icons. With the amount of programs & windows we have to shift through it would make us more efficient to have dual monitors.

rThough computer security is important to protect our customers, allot of the restrictions put on the workstations makes our jobs more difficult. I dont see what the huge risk is to letting us configure our desktops like ungrouping tabs. It makes us feel like we're not trustworthy. Better benefits like an HMO would be great. A raise at least after our 90 days once we've proven ourselves would be nice. It would also be great to have a more efficient way confirm bill status with our partners like AT&T instead of calling their automated system. This makes us look real bad with our customers & makes us look unorganized & unprofessional.

614 Other Employee Reviews for DIRECTV (View Most Recent)

Great company, great environment.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great environment, excellent for people looking for top tech company.

Cons

Very hard to grow in the company

Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Bonus, Free DIRECTV, Competitive

Cons

Inequality in salary, HR, More transparency,

Transparent HR system