There are newer employer reviews for DIRECTV

Fortune 150 Co

Former Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA
Former Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA

I worked at DIRECTV full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free DIRECTV service as part of employee benefits.
Local & easy commute

Cons

Poor sr management, provide poor direction at times

573 Other Employee Reviews for DIRECTV (View Most Recent)

Labor Intensive

Current Employee - Satellite Technician
    Current Employee - Satellite Technician

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free DirecTV, decent benefits, LOTS of overtime

Cons

Never know when you are going to get home. The company expects 16 hours of work to be done in 8 hours by efficient techs.

Treat your techs better, they are the foundation of the company, you break the foundation it all crumbles.

Technical customer service

Current Employee - Technical Customer Service in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Customer Service in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In my experience working in the Cable TV call center industry for over 10 years this is the best company I have worked for. They truly go out of their way for their customers & employees. Unlike other call center environments, they understand that numbers alone don't tell the whole story. Though talk time is important it isn't what defines your performance. They are more concerned with first call resolution & giving the customer a great experience. This place has a the lowest turnover/churn rate I have ever seen in a call center. That alone should tell you something. If you're sincere, have a good a attitude & can be a player you can move up quick. The free DirecTV service is Huge plus! You only pay for the premier protection plan & any ppv movies or events. You get 1 free upgrade a year & you get to own the equipment. You also get every single movie & sports package which includes the nfl Sunday ticket superfan. It all would normally cost about $400 a month.

Cons

I think the starting wage could better. The medical benefits are very confusing & not that great. An FSA credit card would be nice. They lockdown the computers to the point where its ridiculous. We can't even ungroup tabs or arrange our own icons. With the amount of programs & windows we have to shift through it would make us more efficient to have dual monitors.

rThough computer security is important to protect our customers, allot of the restrictions put on the workstations makes our jobs more difficult. I dont see what the huge risk is to letting us configure our desktops like ungrouping tabs. It makes us feel like we're not trustworthy. Better benefits like an HMO would be great. A raise at least after our 90 days once we've proven ourselves would be nice. It would also be great to have a more efficient way confirm bill status with our partners like AT&T instead of calling their automated system. This makes us look real bad with our customers & makes us look unorganized & unprofessional.

There are newer employer reviews for DIRECTV