DIRECTV
www.directv.com El Segundo, CA 5000+ Employees

Overall good, but could have been a lot better

Principal Engineer I (Current Employee)
El Segundo, CA

ProsWork cohorts are generally very easy to approach and get along with. There is a lot to learn here, and a lot of proprietary systems, so everyone depends on having approachable people who are experts in various domains. Also, DirecTV sits on a pile of subscription money, provides a lot of stability and job security; people are rarely let go.

ConsThere are a surprising number of "clunkers" in the mid-management director and senior manager levels who cause more harm than good. From my perspective, all of these people have just stayed with the company a long long time, are savvy enough, and then are reluctantly promoted after time. The best mid level manager are the newer ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on getting the company leaner and more nimble to react to change. Sometime in 2015 to 2017 it will become as cost effective to broadcast bits to a customer over the internet compared to satellite.

Very Corporate, average but many perks.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Boise, ID

I worked at DIRECTV full-time for more than a year

Pros: Plenty of opportunities too increase base pay monthly. Perks include free equipment and all the channels they offer… Cons: Difficult to move in any direction other than lateral. Pay not commiserate with education level… Advice to Senior Management: Tap employees in all areas for ideas. Allow for easier… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Direct

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits, pension after 3 years, plenty of hours and… Cons: Lower pay (when compared to other like companies), steep competition… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DIRECTV.

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DIRECTV reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DIRECTV CEO Michael D. (Mike) White. All reviews posted anonymously by DIRECTV employees.