There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Great internship, not sure about full-time

Former Employee - Intern  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Intern in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH

Pros

The internship provided great access to upper management and afforded me a real opportunity to make a difference in the company.

Cons

None for the internship, but heard a lot of complaints from full-time employees about how they didn't have nearly the visibility they had thought they would coming out of the internship.

For the internship program, none. It's fantastic.

1764 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Good Overall

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY

I worked at DISH

Pros

Easy ti get a gob
    Good starting salary
    Promotion within the company
    Flexible schedule and time off
    Good coworkers and managment

Cons

Not enough freedom to give solutions to the customers .Resaulting in them getting mad and you need to handle it

Give the CSRs more freedom to preform their work.Also some time between the calls it is stressful to take back to back calls for 10 hours

Terrible Benefits, Terrible Pay......

Former Employee - Field Sales Development  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Field Sales Development in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at DISH

Pros

I met some great people in the short time I was at Dish, nice technology, but the company is as cheap as they come. The benefits and PTO are a joke (seriously a joke, single person and my benefits were costing me $145 a month with a super high deductible and high co-pay) and the pay is horrendous, completely sub par for college educated people with experience.

When the founder/owner is referred to internally as "cheapo Charlie" that should've been my first red flag. If you travel, they make you share hotel rooms with complete strangers! Ridiculous!

The pay is in the bottom ten percent of the telecommunications industry and the turn over is very high. After taxes, health care and the forced 3% 401K contribution, unemployment pays more!

Cons

Pay and benefits are far, far below industry median. The company could care less about the turn over, they just replace you. No value in their employees

Pay your people a liveable wage! So many people at Dish are living paycheck to paycheck! Come on Charlie, you're worth 8 Billion dollars, share the wealth a little, your people work hard for you!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!