There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Dead End Job, Horrible Place to Work, Trying to Get Out

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Hilliard, OH
Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

annual profit sharing usually its around 4% of your previous years salary, monthly bonus if you can make it but get ready to have to deal with a lot to make any kind of bonus, the company will try at every opportunity to cheat you out of your bonus, 3 weeks vacation and 1 week sick days after 2 years

Cons

management treats you like monkeys, mandatory overtime with no notice, management will intimidate you, dealing with insane customers

take care of your employees

1788 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Awful treatment of employees and horrible benefits

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Representative II in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dish gave an excellent opportunity for flexible scheduling but failed to listen to their employees. Further working at this facility would have been awful.

Cons

Leadership is near sided/benefits are awful. Does not even begin to understand what their workers do for them or how they should treat them.

dish ratings

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get to meet some wonderful customers. Job consists of talking about movies old and new. Free movies.

Cons

If you can't or don't like sales DO NOT get into this business. It is unfortunate that dish pushes it's newly aquired Blockbuster employees to sell dish at a Blockbuster location. Our customers come in to rent movies and games, not to buy a cable provider. However, the owner of dish requires it so I do it.

Leave a good thing alone. Blockbuster is doing great, At least my store is. I cannot build great personal relationships and business relationships with a conclusion to my conversation with, "And don't forget you can save a lot of money by buying Dish!" My customers come in for two reasons: 1. To rent a movie. 2. Because they know me by name and I know them by name and that makes them feel special. We are a store located in the middle of several residental neighborhoods. Our kids go to school together, church together, parents work together. Enjoy what you have now, a great bunch of Blockbuster employees that love doing what we do; creating relationships that keep folks coming back again and again.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH