Dead End Job, Horrible Place to Work, Trying to Get Out

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Hilliard, OH
Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

annual profit sharing usually its around 4% of your previous years salary, monthly bonus if you can make it but get ready to have to deal with a lot to make any kind of bonus, the company will try at every opportunity to cheat you out of your bonus, 3 weeks vacation and 1 week sick days after 2 years

Cons

management treats you like monkeys, mandatory overtime with no notice, management will intimidate you, dealing with insane customers

Advice to Management

take care of your employees

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

Messed up office politics - HR useless.

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist I in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist I in New York, NY

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Trainers were very friendly and taught you how to build rapport and stay patient. Few co-workers, trainers and coaches were very nice and helpful.

Cons

Even though a lot of people were friendly and helpful, most people there were rude, almost like they are taught to be rude. Some helpdesk people, coaches, and even the general manager talk down to you in condescending ways. My coach gave everyone on my team wrong info and some employees were penalized for it and the coach got away with nothing. When our coach was reported, nothing was done and the employees blaming the coach were put at fault. A manager who knew about the situation even lied in our faces to cover for our coach. It is a very messy system where favorites get away with whatever they want. Even trainers came in 1-2 hours late and we were paid to do nothing in the mornings while waiting for them during training classes, which we didn't mind, but still. Dish is also one of the most stressful jobs. They try to maintain a casual facade but are very uptight. They emphasize short call times and control every second and freak out if you are 1 second over break or after a call to type mandatory memos. And don't even think about reporting anything to HR because they are useless. My co-worker got screwed over her bonus because they forgot to give it to her then their excuse is that it had taken too much time to process and just couldn't give her her hard-earned money. Dish is one of THE most awful companies to work for and has an extremely high turnover. Don't bother applying unless you are the most desperate creature on this earth.

Advice to Management

Test your managers and coaches because some of them don't know what the hell they are doing and are screwing over employees by giving wrong information. Favoritism is huge and a lot of managers and coaches are hypocrites. And fire and hire competent HR people who will give a crap and help employees.

Awful treatment of employees and horrible benefits

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Representative II in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dish gave an excellent opportunity for flexible scheduling but failed to listen to their employees. Further working at this facility would have been awful.

Cons

Leadership is near sided/benefits are awful. Does not even begin to understand what their workers do for them or how they should treat them.