DISH

www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Gained many customer service skills

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bluefield, WV
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bluefield, WV

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Pay - Great Benefits - Free TV - Excellent Training

Cons

Cannot move up unless you are favored

Look at coaches more often - some are worse than the reps

1956 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Honestly - Beware

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for "Cowboy Mentality" with respect to new projects, changes to processes and procedures. Alternately, if you are able to keep your head down and stay out of competing managers way you can last for a bit and may make some decent money for a while.

Cons

See above - "Cowboy Mentality" tends to run rough-shod over anyone it impacts.

Company has NO concept of loyalty.

They didn't take it when it was offered while I was there, now is going to be different???

this company is the model for a hostile work environment

Former Employee - Dish Network Installer in Pittston, PA
    Former Employee - Dish Network Installer in Pittston, PA

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro for this company is the paycheck, dish does pay more than the other cable and satellite providers. Certainly this is to their credit but they still have a huge turnover and cannot keep employees s despite the fact that they pay more than the others.

Cons

The cons are many, no job security is the biggest issue in my experience. The company has set unrealistic goals in every aspect of the job and then only enforce the consequences of not meeting goals when it suits them. Also we were given unrealistic work loads that required 12 to 16 hour days and mandatory overtime and extra days. our jobs were threatened weekly, if not daily. Employees are made to feel that they are always on the verge of being fired, I guess this is in an effort to "scare" employees or make them work in fear of losing their job, this job is the definition of a hostile work environment.

there is really no advice for middle management , they are in the same atmosphere as everyone else, the real message must go to the top. when i was at dish, every single installer was looking for another job and none of them thought of dish network as a job for the long term. in my case i took a job at half the pay just to get out of the negative situation at dish network.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH