There are newer employer reviews for DISH

The Truth Hurts. A Managers Point of View.

Current Employee - Field Service Manager  in  Placerville, CA
Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Placerville, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Not the worst Job I have had, but it's heading down that direction.

Cons

Dish no longer cares about their employee's and everybody is just a number to them and can easily be replaced. So far this year, we have seen every type of employee from Field Service, Management, Human Resources, and Training get let go during their newly found "talent upgrade" process. They have been pushing all their employees to the limit to see how much work they can topple on top of them and the breaking point can now be seen with many dissatisfied surveys here and with the internal survey that they are currently conducting. The technicians are our hardest working employees of the company, yet they are being overworked and not properly compensated for. When they complain to us about their day to day issues, we as their managers are not allowed to sympathize with them and are told to tell them "Hey, it's what you get paid for. You either do it or go find another job."

Stop Micro-Managing your employees and stop making Job-Aids to make us perform like robots. It's a slap to the face to work for a company for 4+ years and be proficient and successful at it, to now force us to use these Job-Aids and tell us "Hey, you have been doing it wrong this whole time, follow this Job-Aid step by step and you will be successful!"

1753 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

One of the best jobs I've ever had

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great bonuses based on performance, excellent training and career advancement. They provide tuition reimbursement and they work with people on their schedules when it comes to school.

Cons

Lack of noticeable leadership in certain areas, the benefits have painfully high deductibles. Perception is reality and sometimes management listens to false gossip and acts on it. Forced OT to make up for the high turn over rate

Annual surveys so that upper management knows how people feel about their jobs and room for agents to make suggestions on how things can be improved.

paid the bills but i would not recomend this job

Former Employee - Ffs1  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Ffs1 in San Jose, CA

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

paid training, free tools, freedom to go from job to job alone, good starting pay. no prior experiance required. company van can be issued to use from home. working out side during summer time is nice.

Cons

I worked for Dish for about a year and it was the most stressful and unhappy place i have ever worked. In the short time i worked for Dish eight people were fired for "not making their numbers" which you were not even able to control. managment talks to you how ever they want i had too much fear to ever go to anyone above my manager beacause i had seen him mess with other guys who complained. you worked ten hour shifts but if you had plans after work and another job "fell in" you would be assigned this job sometimes resualting in you getting off work 3 to 4 hours later then you were supposed to. one year on my wife's birthday i asked to be let off work on time and the next day i came to work i got yelled at for asking to get off early. there are policies that tell you that you can not go on roofs with out the proper fall protection yet in order to use this equipment you have to drill large holes in the customers roof and they do not want you to and when you tell your boss he just says well do what you have to do. i have been cussed out by bosses when i called them and told them that i did not want to go on a roof.. rian or shine you are our side on ladders or roofs installilng dish, when it rains your hands get soft and get cut ..they tell you that you can get a 10% raise every three months.... you can but you have to pass all their metrics which even people that have worked that for years can not pass. most people that are "leven 4 techs" were able to "fast track" using the previous pay raise system. now it is very hard to get a raise and it feels like they try their best to keep you from getting it.... there can be someone that finishs a job long before you and there is still work out there the boss might bring him back to the office if you work from home so the boss can go home as soon as possilbe since he makes salerey. the pay is ok but if you have a family of plan on having one or you yourself need health benifits this is not the job for you. you have to pay up to $5000 in deductables before your insureance starts paying for anything. like i said it was very stressful and an unhappy place to work the second i got a chance to bail i did. i would say if you are not in desperate need of a job do not work for this company.

i can see how they do not care because they are under as much presure as you are because their boss is as far down his neck as he is down yours

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!