There are newer employer reviews for DISH

better than no work, checks clear!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

stable company, profit sharing ok

Cons

tiny work space cube, health insurance is high deductible, not ok to work from home unless after hours, no recognition for a job well done, 5 year award is a clock, 10 year award is a crystal star with DISH logo, 15 year is a parking space

get with the times, telecommuting is the future. just because an employee shows up everyday doesn't mean the quality of work is superior. then you wouldn't have to pack the employees in tiny cubes and upgrade the hvac because you exceeded the capacity the building was designed for.

1747 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Good experience overall. More job security would help my rating of DISH

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Great atmosphere. Management willing to work with employees to solve on the job issues and challenges

Cons

Constant uncertainty of continued employment. They have work, but it seems like the smallest mistake can have one out of a job.

Value your Installation teams more. If we find ourselves with a stronger economy in the near future, you will find showing support for installers and their managers to pay off. Employees that feel more secure in their employment are more likely to work harder for you and uphold company standards. Also, costs to the company to train new employees over and over could be astronomical compared to retaining employees for years to come. Every day an installer learns something new. Don't throw all that experience away for small mistakes as long as the employee makes the effort to not make them again.

I wouldn't want my worse enemy working here.

Former Employee - Production Associate  in  East Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Production Associate in East Spartanburg, SC

I worked at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

They do manage to pay you descent.

Cons

If I can prevent from someone working here I will have done my job. All of my opinions here are directed mainly at the Spartanburg location. What is said here is completely from my perspective. What is wrong with this place? It's a sweatshop. I got hired with the illusion that my schedule would be four days working and three days off. After training, that never happened.. For me I worked six days a week 10 hours a day (except Saturday was eight hours a day) for the whole duration I was employed there. For the entire time I had to stand while I assembled and disassembled receivers (it's almost a pointless job in the first place). I was only allowed two 30 minute break periods, which go by very fast since most of that time you are waiting in line for some stupid reason or another. The cafeteria is cramped and resembles something out of high school, because it's very loud with all of the children that they hired. My job itself was always under fire. You are only allowed two defects before you are written up. If you get three write ups you will be terminated. To put that into perspective I put together about 600 receivers in a week. If I make a mistake (because I'm human) on two of those receivers than it's write up time for me. Management never came out and told me about any of my write ups. I had to ask to receive my write ups basically. You will always be in pain because of the work environment, and you will always have allergies because of how poorly the environment is ventilated. My nose never bled until I started working here. I'm pretty sure it's from inhaling all of that foreign material from the receivers. While you are working music isn't allowed, laughter isn't allowed, and when I was leaving apparently talking isn't allowed either. I have a degree from a very well known school. This job was supposed to give me something to do while I pursued my real passion. I wasn't able to do that with only being alotted four hours to myself a day before having to go back to bed so I could get up for work. My final boiling point with this place cam when they wanted everyone to work 11 hours a day with the "intention" that Saturdays would not have to be worked. They put this new schedule into effect without anyone's opinion on it. You will be just a number at this place. The job takes no brain power, which means you're just a muscle that does mindless tasks all day. Please save yourself the pain, frustration, anxiety, and sense from working here it's not worth it. Life is too short to be miserable. Find something that is more rewarding.

I wish management knew how to talk to people, know that humans aren't machines, lead by example, and finally, I wish that management would tell people the truth in their interviews.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!