There are newer employer reviews for DISH

better than no work, checks clear!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

stable company, profit sharing ok

Cons

tiny work space cube, health insurance is high deductible, not ok to work from home unless after hours, no recognition for a job well done, 5 year award is a clock, 10 year award is a crystal star with DISH logo, 15 year is a parking space

get with the times, telecommuting is the future. just because an employee shows up everyday doesn't mean the quality of work is superior. then you wouldn't have to pack the employees in tiny cubes and upgrade the hvac because you exceeded the capacity the building was designed for.

1787 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Good experience overall. More job security would help my rating of DISH

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good benefits. Great atmosphere. Management willing to work with employees to solve on the job issues and challenges

Cons

Constant uncertainty of continued employment. They have work, but it seems like the smallest mistake can have one out of a job.

Value your Installation teams more. If we find ourselves with a stronger economy in the near future, you will find showing support for installers and their managers to pay off. Employees that feel more secure in their employment are more likely to work harder for you and uphold company standards. Also, costs to the company to train new employees over and over could be astronomical compared to retaining employees for years to come. Every day an installer learns something new. Don't throw all that experience away for small mistakes as long as the employee makes the effort to not make them again.

What they say and what they do are not in sync.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I once believed they offered opportunity to grow and recognized talent. The reality is that the company will never change and most employees are just filler. The common communique is Dish, is a unique culture." The Dish way is awful.

Cons

No real leadership, no happy employees,horrible benefits and manipulative practices.

Take a long look in the mirror, if the sight of yourself brings about a sknking feeling tnat you have done the wrong thing for the wrong reasons you should move on.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH