DISH

www.dish.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

better than no work, checks clear!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

stable company, profit sharing ok

Cons

tiny work space cube, health insurance is high deductible, not ok to work from home unless after hours, no recognition for a job well done, 5 year award is a clock, 10 year award is a crystal star with DISH logo, 15 year is a parking space

get with the times, telecommuting is the future. just because an employee shows up everyday doesn't mean the quality of work is superior. then you wouldn't have to pack the employees in tiny cubes and upgrade the hvac because you exceeded the capacity the building was designed for.

2000 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Good experience overall. More job security would help my rating of DISH

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Great atmosphere. Management willing to work with employees to solve on the job issues and challenges

Cons

Constant uncertainty of continued employment. They have work, but it seems like the smallest mistake can have one out of a job.

Value your Installation teams more. If we find ourselves with a stronger economy in the near future, you will find showing support for installers and their managers to pay off. Employees that feel more secure in their employment are more likely to work harder for you and uphold company standards. Also, costs to the company to train new employees over and over could be astronomical compared to retaining employees for years to come. Every day an installer learns something new. Don't throw all that experience away for small mistakes as long as the employee makes the effort to not make them again.

Unhealthy, stressful, rude management, uncaring, too wishy washy about quality

Former Employee - Tester II in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Tester II in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Money ok, fellow employees nice to work with.

Cons

Poor management, sweatshop, talked to rudely, incorrect ergonomics, a lot of injuries.

Get ya head outta ya ass and work on the floor for a week, and SEE how good you can do!!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH