DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Great Employer With Many Opportunities

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for dish for 13 years and has been a great experience. I started in the CSC as a CSR and moved my way up to management then onto work in the Corp Offices. The opportunities are abundant if you apply yourself and stay focused.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see is Partner Benefits for the GBLT employees, it would make it easier for long term partners to be able to provide insurance.

1850 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Very difficult to be promoted. Upper management creates an environment where you feel your job is always in jeopardy.

Former Employee - Field Service Technician IV in North Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician IV in North Haven, CT

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Technicians and direct managers very good group of people; easy to work with.

Cons

Upper management constantly changing and adding to "metrics" that must be met to avoid getting written up or put on a "performance plan". Few techs if any can meet all metric numbers at any given time. Performance is measured on some things that are uncontrollable such as "completion", which is the number of jobs a tech completes out of all jobs he is scheduled for. If a customer is not for an appointment, it can ultimately prevent a technician from being promoted that month.

The environment you have created with these unreasonable metric numbers is toxic. Technicians feel that Dish can fire them at the drop of a hat. A tech that just had a newborn baby at my office who did near perfect work according to dish standards was let go for not working fast enough yet others who I would never let touch my home remain employed because they can get the job done the wrong way pretty quickly. Get a clue dish.

field service specialist 4

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist IV in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist IV in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The work can be enjoyable if you like to be out of an office working with your hands.
    You get to meet some cool customers every now and then.
    Good customer service experience and good experience in the communications field.

Cons

Everything is micro managed now. I mean everything! Everyday you are pressured to sell items and extra services. We use to be techs, now we are techs and sells men.
      The " incentive" programs are not incentives or goals anymore. You better hit your almost unachievable numbers(which some are based on luck, for instance if your customer at the time doesn't have broadband it will effect your connectivy score) , or else you will get talked to, put on a progression plan, or writen up..
    Christmas parties, end of the year parties , LONG GONE. You are just a number to the company. Period.
    Health benefits are bad. Might as well not even have the companies provided health benefits. They use to be good.

Listen to your techs they are the ones doing the dirty work and making the company run. Stop slamming on extremes amount of work .

There are newer employer reviews for DISH