There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Great Employer With Many Opportunities

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked for dish for 13 years and has been a great experience. I started in the CSC as a CSR and moved my way up to management then onto work in the Corp Offices. The opportunities are abundant if you apply yourself and stay focused.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see is Partner Benefits for the GBLT employees, it would make it easier for long term partners to be able to provide insurance.

1742 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Very difficult to be promoted. Upper management creates an environment where you feel your job is always in jeopardy.

Former Employee - Field Service Technician IV  in  North Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician IV in North Haven, CT

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Technicians and direct managers very good group of people; easy to work with.

Cons

Upper management constantly changing and adding to "metrics" that must be met to avoid getting written up or put on a "performance plan". Few techs if any can meet all metric numbers at any given time. Performance is measured on some things that are uncontrollable such as "completion", which is the number of jobs a tech completes out of all jobs he is scheduled for. If a customer is not for an appointment, it can ultimately prevent a technician from being promoted that month.

The environment you have created with these unreasonable metric numbers is toxic. Technicians feel that Dish can fire them at the drop of a hat. A tech that just had a newborn baby at my office who did near perfect work according to dish standards was let go for not working fast enough yet others who I would never let touch my home remain employed because they can get the job done the wrong way pretty quickly. Get a clue dish.

Yes...there are worse places...

Current Employee - CSS III  in  Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - CSS III in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is room for advancement if you are a "favorite" of management. There is the opportunity for making money if you are sales minded.

Cons

When hired 3 yrs ago, I came in as customer support/tech support, which I am very customer oriented...one of the main things I liked about the job is I didn't have to sell to make money and the center I work in has become VERY sales oriented. Also the mandatory overtime and 6th day (when we are forced to work one of our days off) is ridiculous. And the benefits aren't all that great...pay a lot of money for them to say that the services you need aren't covered and can't be obtained. Oh, and having to work holidays if they don't fall on our days off.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!