DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Exactly what I needed

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Christiansburg, VA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Christiansburg, VA

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I moved to the area and nobody else was hiring and I got a job fairly quickly there. The pay was pretty good for the amount of sweat you put in. Benefits were good. Amazing break area.

Cons

The supervisors were clueless. Manditory training was a joke. Scheduling was not flexible. Dress code was not casual.

Dealing with your customers is stressful. Give us a break.

1889 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

I can Understand the Dissatisfaction of the employee

Current Employee - FSS in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - FSS in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I get a paycheck, free TV No wait its not free if you pay taxes or a DVR fee is so that a discount on service Like the Ins we pay for, I get to be degraded and treated like I’m a low life. Wait, thats not a pro. OK, I have nothing else.

Cons

Management that think they know all, watch management doing personal work on the clock, for themselves and the GM and then complain you aren’t working hard enough, rules are followed only when the ROM, RD, or higher are in the office. Your told “If you don’t like what I’m saying to you, you know where the door is, good luck finding a job in this economy” by Management. Business rules and processes apply to all but management. Management that may have been good techs at one time, but have no idea how to actually manage. The don’t mess with my bonus and or incentive or else attitude. The worse thing, managers that tell each other off (behind the back) don’t show each other respect, FSM’s IM and GM that show no respect for the ROM, RD and higher (unless they are standing there) and do this in front of the employees but demand that you show them respect. No job satisfaction and zero chance for advancement. Unless you keep your mouth closed and use the one knee kiss but way

The complacency of the FSM’s an IM (the GM is just an idiot!) Is terrible. They are so arrogant that they don’t even worry about their unprofessional behaviors. Advise: move them around to different offices in the CAR, or even the days of the week they work, changing the teams. Rock the boat and wake them up!! Even better, put them back in the field and hire managers that know how to manage.

Long time employee @ corporate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is no pros at all.

Cons

Yes, I am a Director or above position in Dish. If you are looking for a Director or above position at Dish, beware your annual increase is subjective, and even though you meet or exceed expectations for your performance, several times we have not received a dime. The survey coming out.... don't believe one second that management will score honestly, they will sku high in fear of retaliation and use of the employee id number.

Let the managers lead, counsel, and hold accountable the employees that they manage. Get rid of the germ ridden finger scanners. Funny, you don't see most VP and above use it! WHY? Because it is disgusting. Fix the bad benefits for all.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH