DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

management makes this easy job very difficult

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

job is very easy, like the 4 day on 3 days off schedule paycheck is nice "if "you meet your numbers, fairly easy to swap your days

Cons

constant changes of rules and bonus payouts even in the middle of requirement period, mandatory overtime, poor health benefit plan,

management doesn't care about employees its all about the numbers. rules are bent when we need to meet the numbers but if agent gets caught management washes their hands, too much favoritism when it comes to career oportunites

1851 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Truly phenomenal

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Meridian, CO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Meridian, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity exists for anyone willing to work hard, reasonable compensation, direct involvement with senior level management, and advice is taken seriously even in low level positions. Change can happen very fast whenever someone suggests a brilliant idea.

Cons

The hours can be unbearable at times, the medical benefits aren't good

Give more feedback to those below you. It's difficult to know when you're doing well and when you're not doing well when there's little one-on-one time.

A Field Service Manager usually makes less than a starting tech when you take in the hours worked.

Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent and the company is good to work for, hard work is usually recognized. The local teams are great people to work with, they keep you going.

Cons

Day starts at 6 AM and ends well ??? sometime between 7 and 11 PM. Fourteen hour days are a weekly thing for an FSM, No holidays or holiday pay. Basically you don't exist to your family during the days you work. Everybody ends up burned out. You don't have to fire FSMs they step down or quit on their own within time. Honestly FSS4 is so much more worth it (more pay and far less stress.)

Everything is modeled from Colorado, unfortunately that doesn't work for the entire US. The northwest is a challenge to work in but nobody cares, and we are held to the same standards and metrics as offices in much easier areas to work in (short drive times, small trees and high elevation on the Satellites.) My challenge is take your "star" techs put them in the northwest ( tall trees, lowest elevation and horrible drive times) and we will see how stars they really are. Ask these "great offices" when was the last time they did a three dish, three pole solution. That's pretty normal in the northwest, but our goals are the same; definitely not fair.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH