DISH

www.dish.com

management makes this easy job very difficult

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Flushing, NY
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY

Pros

job is very easy, like the 4 day on 3 days off schedule paycheck is nice "if "you meet your numbers, fairly easy to swap your days

Cons

constant changes of rules and bonus payouts even in the middle of requirement period, mandatory overtime, poor health benefit plan,

management doesn't care about employees its all about the numbers. rules are bent when we need to meet the numbers but if agent gets caught management washes their hands, too much favoritism when it comes to career oportunites

Other reviews for DISH

Truly phenomenal

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Meridian, CO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Meridian, CO

Pros

Opportunity exists for anyone willing to work hard, reasonable compensation, direct involvement with senior level management, and advice is taken seriously even in low level positions. Change can happen very fast whenever someone suggests a brilliant idea.

Cons

The hours can be unbearable at times, the medical benefits aren't good

Give more feedback to those below you. It's difficult to know when you're doing well and when you're not doing well when there's little one-on-one time.

Decent Paying Job for the Area I'm in, rough job in many ways

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative  in  Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Christiansburg, VA

Pros

I have been employed by dish for quite a few years, I have worked very hard at what I do, I know my job well & up until recently enjoyed what I do daily.
    Initially when I was hired I was very grateful to have a job which paid well over minimum wage.
    I credit my job with Dish as saving my & my 3 children's lives as I was in a bad situation when I began there, less than a year after my ex husband walked out on us & failed to pay even a cent of child support.
    Through working at Dish I not only took us out of poverty, off medicaid & food stamps (which we were on all the time I was married to my ex I might add) I also bought a house for us to live in as opposed to the rental trailer my ex left us in. I have prospered.
    My ex & others who used to walk all over me have stopped trying to do so because I learned how to stand up for myself & speak my piece through my work at Dish.

Cons

The nature of the job is frustrating, inbound or outbound, call center work is not an easy job.
    Add to that the attitude of everyone in management that not only should we be able to do anything & everything a customer needs done in under 10 minutes, we should also make sure they have a pin #, an email address, know all about the company's website & buy some more programming.

The company is short on foresight & long on flavor of the day. I have worked in the past for other large, fortune 500 companies & never have I seen so much evidence of the right hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Changes are often instigated with little or no warning & often are reversed in just a few weeks or months often quietly, with little fanfare so suddenly you find out you're doing something wrong which you are sure you were doing correctly. This is especially nerve-wracking as it can spell termination in some cases.
    The latest change, the insistence that we try to sell every single person we speak to yet more programming is especially frustrating, customers being told that they will receive a replacement piece of equipment in 3 to 5 days & then asked if they'd like to add HBO tonight are seldom receptive to the offer and often quite verbally abusive & give very poor marks in the inevitable customer satisfaction survey which follows most calls. Supervisors insist to you when you try to point out that being sold to when their equipment is not working might not be a way to inspire happiness in customers, that if you just put the right spin on it, the customers will feel they're getting something great & be so glad you offered it to them.
    The attitude that you are expendable is very prevalent from immediate supervisors up to the director & higher ups who come & visit from time to time.

Adopt more family friendly attitudes, realize your employees are not nameless drones to work to death or until they find something else & then replaced by yet more nameless drones.
    You have a reputation in the area for grinding people up & spitting them out, it is well deserved.
    I have read most of the surveys on this site in regards to my company & while many are from techs in the field & management so I can't necessarily relate to them, it is obvious that the current business practices are not making many anyone happy, other than those at the very top. Happy workers make successful business, unhappy ones ruin businesses.
    The HR people are clueless jokes. However they are somewhat better than 5 or 6 years ago when they were actively mean & rude.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!