DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Never Recognized

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Alvin, TX
Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Alvin, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with are amazing (at least those on the same level), opportunity, different locations, free service

Cons

Mandated Overtime, Confusing Attendance Policies, health insurance, management, misinformation, communication, culture, hostile work environment

Make sure to keep all employees happy if you would still like to keep your customers satisfied. Happy employees equals happy customers. Stop using empty threats to get performance, it doesnt work. If you promise something to your employees, keep it. If you cannot keep it, communicate with your employees and let them know why, don't just ignore it. Policies change and no one ever seems to know what it is, provide proper communication to avoid confusion. Mandated overtime is to be expected, however, minutes before the end of shift is not acceptable. Management wants numbers more than anything and will hound over employees until they get it, this will force employees to do just the opposite and creates a hostility at the workplace. I know many employees that have left this company because they were simply unhappy and were not treated fairly. I know many employees that were terminated under false pretenses and that I do not agree with. Employees that go above and beyond, are never recognized and have the hardest time moving up within the company. I am one of those that was never recognized and because of this, I am looking for more support within the company at a different location and willing to pay hundreds of dollars seeking happiness elsewhere.

1955 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

management makes this easy job very difficult

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

job is very easy, like the 4 day on 3 days off schedule paycheck is nice "if "you meet your numbers, fairly easy to swap your days

Cons

constant changes of rules and bonus payouts even in the middle of requirement period, mandatory overtime, poor health benefit plan,

management doesn't care about employees its all about the numbers. rules are bent when we need to meet the numbers but if agent gets caught management washes their hands, too much favoritism when it comes to career oportunites

A Field Service Manager usually makes less than a starting tech when you take in the hours worked.

Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent and the company is good to work for, hard work is usually recognized. The local teams are great people to work with, they keep you going.

Cons

Day starts at 6 AM and ends well ??? sometime between 7 and 11 PM. Fourteen hour days are a weekly thing for an FSM, No holidays or holiday pay. Basically you don't exist to your family during the days you work. Everybody ends up burned out. You don't have to fire FSMs they step down or quit on their own within time. Honestly FSS4 is so much more worth it (more pay and far less stress.)

Everything is modeled from Colorado, unfortunately that doesn't work for the entire US. The northwest is a challenge to work in but nobody cares, and we are held to the same standards and metrics as offices in much easier areas to work in (short drive times, small trees and high elevation on the Satellites.) My challenge is take your "star" techs put them in the northwest ( tall trees, lowest elevation and horrible drive times) and we will see how stars they really are. Ask these "great offices" when was the last time they did a three dish, three pole solution. That's pretty normal in the northwest, but our goals are the same; definitely not fair.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH