Never Recognized

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Alvin, TX
Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Alvin, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with are amazing (at least those on the same level), opportunity, different locations, free service

Cons

Mandated Overtime, Confusing Attendance Policies, health insurance, management, misinformation, communication, culture, hostile work environment

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep all employees happy if you would still like to keep your customers satisfied. Happy employees equals happy customers. Stop using empty threats to get performance, it doesnt work. If you promise something to your employees, keep it. If you cannot keep it, communicate with your employees and let them know why, don't just ignore it. Policies change and no one ever seems to know what it is, provide proper communication to avoid confusion. Mandated overtime is to be expected, however, minutes before the end of shift is not acceptable. Management wants numbers more than anything and will hound over employees until they get it, this will force employees to do just the opposite and creates a hostility at the workplace. I know many employees that have left this company because they were simply unhappy and were not treated fairly. I know many employees that were terminated under false pretenses and that I do not agree with. Employees that go above and beyond, are never recognized and have the hardest time moving up within the company. I am one of those that was never recognized and because of this, I am looking for more support within the company at a different location and willing to pay hundreds of dollars seeking happiness elsewhere.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Worst company I ever worked for - and I'm pretty old!

Former Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is pretty good.

Cons

Business rules change on a whim. Thornton location is an old, sick facility that needs to be cleaned and overhauled to prevent employee illness. Required scripting, and management insistence that you must upsell to even the most financially strapped customers, eradicate any rapport with customers. Supervisors/managers normally unavailable. After weeks of training, call center employees apparently cannot be trusted to use best judgement to deal with customers.

Advice to Management

Get a clue about how to treat employees. Satisfied employees translates to satisfied customers. Maybe then DISH would not be included in the Customer Service Hall of Shame.

i can't wait to leave

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people....that is it. People are nice and smart

Cons

Everything else....management, execs, corporate culture, benefits? Three is a culture of distrust and micromanagement. That starts at the top. The badge report is an example of how upper management doesn't trust their managers to do their job and manage and it trickles down. It's sad.

Advice to Management

Lose the badge report, allow for snow days and work from home and give your 2,500 employees at meridian more than one water machine