There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Never Recognized

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative  in  Alvin, TX
Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Alvin, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people you work with are amazing (at least those on the same level), opportunity, different locations, free service

Cons

Mandated Overtime, Confusing Attendance Policies, health insurance, management, misinformation, communication, culture, hostile work environment

Make sure to keep all employees happy if you would still like to keep your customers satisfied. Happy employees equals happy customers. Stop using empty threats to get performance, it doesnt work. If you promise something to your employees, keep it. If you cannot keep it, communicate with your employees and let them know why, don't just ignore it. Policies change and no one ever seems to know what it is, provide proper communication to avoid confusion. Mandated overtime is to be expected, however, minutes before the end of shift is not acceptable. Management wants numbers more than anything and will hound over employees until they get it, this will force employees to do just the opposite and creates a hostility at the workplace. I know many employees that have left this company because they were simply unhappy and were not treated fairly. I know many employees that were terminated under false pretenses and that I do not agree with. Employees that go above and beyond, are never recognized and have the hardest time moving up within the company. I am one of those that was never recognized and because of this, I am looking for more support within the company at a different location and willing to pay hundreds of dollars seeking happiness elsewhere.

1753 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

It's a job.

Current Employee - Floor Agent  in  Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Floor Agent in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the fact you have a team...over a time period you feel like you are family. :) I like that I am 21 and make more money than most adults in the area. I love talking to customers and helping people! I enjoy what I do. :) I believe that customer service is a hard job. Long hours, hard calls, demanding mental drainage. You knew what you signed up for as soon as you started training. You are given pretty amazing tools to help you & the customer. :) Not to mention you get free dish...:) I think coaches are exceptional. They have been the reasoning behind not giving up. they smile & tell you that it'll be okay. ;) a lot of love & support.

Cons

The hours. I see my co-workers more often than anything else. I hate that we are the very last people to know anything. We usually don't find out until the day of that something has changed. It's difficult to take the verbal abuse from customers, but then again that is expected. I don't like that we get "jean passes" for days when managers know the calls are going to be very difficult due to a major change. I hate that every single day that you walk in you don't know if you're going to be taken into a small back room & given a box to retrieve your things. It's stressful! I don't think I have ever had a job this demanding. You have to satisfy a customer, give all disclosures, update account information,, upsell them something, tell them about online features & get cursed out within a 6-7 min period. (depending on call type.)

Please, acknowledge that people work hard for you. Some people actually care about the company, co-workers, and also customers very much! If you keep pushing harder & harder to make more money the good customer service rep's you already have may find employment someplace else. I understand money is important, it is business. Just take that into account, please!

Install Technician Level 2 but never promoted due to never being able to meet 1 of 50 requirements in any given month.

Former Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Hayward, CA

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training. work wear, fellow technicians are the most nicest people you'll ever work with. Field service managers are very understanding of the dire situations the techs are in. But they report to upper management who have a no excuse no matter what mind set.

Cons

Management have their heads jammed up their you know whats... Health insurance, dangerous, long hours, carrot on a stick promotional incentives. Employee turnover, People filthy homes, hazardous, Safety is number one priority, (in office training) but the reality demand from management that you complete each job supersedes safety. Management know this. They just dont want to be caught and

Stop treating your employees like disposable plasma bags.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!