DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

It's a job.

Current Employee - Floor Agent in Mesa, AZ
Current Employee - Floor Agent in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love the fact you have a team...over a time period you feel like you are family. :) I like that I am 21 and make more money than most adults in the area. I love talking to customers and helping people! I enjoy what I do. :) I believe that customer service is a hard job. Long hours, hard calls, demanding mental drainage. You knew what you signed up for as soon as you started training. You are given pretty amazing tools to help you & the customer. :) Not to mention you get free dish...:) I think coaches are exceptional. They have been the reasoning behind not giving up. they smile & tell you that it'll be okay. ;) a lot of love & support.

Cons

The hours. I see my co-workers more often than anything else. I hate that we are the very last people to know anything. We usually don't find out until the day of that something has changed. It's difficult to take the verbal abuse from customers, but then again that is expected. I don't like that we get "jean passes" for days when managers know the calls are going to be very difficult due to a major change. I hate that every single day that you walk in you don't know if you're going to be taken into a small back room & given a box to retrieve your things. It's stressful! I don't think I have ever had a job this demanding. You have to satisfy a customer, give all disclosures, update account information,, upsell them something, tell them about online features & get cursed out within a 6-7 min period. (depending on call type.)

Please, acknowledge that people work hard for you. Some people actually care about the company, co-workers, and also customers very much! If you keep pushing harder & harder to make more money the good customer service rep's you already have may find employment someplace else. I understand money is important, it is business. Just take that into account, please!

1953 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Dont even think about it. Just Run!!!

Current Employee - Satellite Technician in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Satellite Technician in Hayward, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What a Joke. Dont Even think about this company, unless you like to slaved.

Cons

Making their Metrics otherwise you will not get a raise or promotion. Their Metrics are almost impossible to do a good decent job on installs because they time limit you on installs. If you fall behind on the allotted time, you will fail on their "completion" pie. Which will affect your scoring/rating for a raise. That is why you see some of the installs are shoddy. The tech is trying to make his install time metrics. Cables running all over the place instead of a good neat quality install.

Mandatory overtime. Just when you think youre done. Nope!!! Supposed to be 10 hour shift (7a-5p). Huh, dont plan on anything while your working (like being home w/ kids, having dinner, etc). What happens is for instance, you are done with your last job at 4:30pm on your job order for the day, you have to call into Dispatch in Arizona saying you are done with your last job. Dispatch will assign you another job!!! And this is at 4:30p! Half hour of your shift! They dont care about your overtime, because theyll pay that overtime with this job your about to do. I had a job call at 4;30, got dispatched to another job, got their at 4;45 (drive time), didnt finish job until 8;30p, got bac to warehouse at 9pm, didnt leave to home till 9:30p.

Now what kinda job is that. FORCED OVERTIME. If you didnt call into Arizona Dispatch, they will deduct points off of your Metrics and Pie. Which will result in disciplenary action, fired, or simply no raises or promotions.

Their are other reasons why you should run. Their benefits are no where near what they advertise. Their medical plan is something to really laugh about. What Medical Benefits. You pay all cost for medical out of your own pocket until $2,500 ceiling is met! No coverage until you go over $2,500. Everything comes out of your own pocket.

I can go on and on. RUN AWAY!!!!

Listen to the reviews!!! Voted NUMBER 1 for Worst Company to Work For. 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.

It costs you money to work here

Current Employee - Territory Account Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Territory Account Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brand name and recognition by customers, and good product

Cons

Extensive travel is requred for many employees who are grossly under reimbursed for mileage on their personal vehicles. Im addtion, alll other expenses, food, lodging, office supplies (oh yeah most have to use their own equipment, printers, etc...as office materials) must be paid for out of pocket and submitted for reimbursement via snail mail, yes US Postal Mail service, can take weeks to get reimbursed as the accounting department which is supposedly owned by a family member can only manage to pay "electronically" two times a week on Mondays and Wednesdays, which needless to say never get paid until the following week. Hotel rooms must be shared when two persons of the same sex are traveling to the same place, known or not! What a disgusting and gross policy. When corporate books your travel they book at the highest rate which we must pay for up front, even if you could have gotten arrangements and half or less than them, they will not reimburse you unless you "prove" that you needed your own room!! What about HIPAA compliance???? Insurance benefits are a joke, it covers nothing and for that which it does there is a high per personal deductible to meet?

Take a closer look at the "travel and expense" reimbursement policy and make it fair to your employees!!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH