DISH

www.dish.com

It's a job.

Floor Agent (Current Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsI love the fact you have a team...over a time period you feel like you are family. :) I like that I am 21 and make more money than most adults in the area. I love talking to customers and helping people! I enjoy what I do. :) I believe that customer service is a hard job. Long hours, hard calls, demanding mental drainage. You knew what you signed up for as soon as you started training. You are given pretty amazing tools to help you & the customer. :) Not to mention you get free dish...:) I think coaches are exceptional. They have been the reasoning behind not giving up. they smile & tell you that it'll be okay. ;) a lot of love & support.

ConsThe hours. I see my co-workers more often than anything else. I hate that we are the very last people to know anything. We usually don't find out until the day of that something has changed. It's difficult to take the verbal abuse from customers, but then again that is expected. I don't like that we get "jean passes" for days when managers know the calls are going to be very difficult due to a major change. I hate that every single day that you walk in you don't know if you're going to be taken into a small back room & given a box to retrieve your things. It's stressful! I don't think I have ever had a job this demanding. You have to satisfy a customer, give all disclosures, update account information,, upsell them something, tell them about online features & get cursed out within a 6-7 min period. (depending on call type.)

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, acknowledge that people work hard for you. Some people actually care about the company, co-workers, and also customers very much! If you keep pushing harder & harder to make more money the good customer service rep's you already have may find employment someplace else. I understand money is important, it is business. Just take that into account, please!

Get back to basics

DD, BB, RV (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There is money to be made if you work hard and can handle no recognition and… Cons: You will be written up for things in which you have no control. Even when it is company policy and you follow that policy, you're… Advice to Senior Management: if you want to change the culture get rid of your managers. The culture in Phoenix is male dominated with a win at all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Install Technician Level 2 but never promoted due to never being able to meet 1 of 50 requirements in any given month.

Field Service Technician (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros: Training. work wear, fellow technicians are the most nicest people you'll ever work with. Field service managers are very understanding of… Cons: Management have their heads jammed up their you know whats... Health insurance, dangerous, long hours, carrot on a stick promotional incentives. Employee turnover, People… Advice to Senior Management: Stop treating your employees like disposable plasma bags. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!