DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Could be MUCH better

Current Employee - Field Service Coordinator in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Field Service Coordinator in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Can't complain too much about the pay

Cons

They are turning this "One more" initiative into a "One more too many". In my department, instead of being proactive, we merely deal with the daily struggles of coordinating our burned out techs in ridiculously over-routed areas while telling the customer our techs are "running behind" when we should be telling them that they are lucky if they are seen because we book more jobs than the techs can handle. Days are often made much for difficult and stressful because every tech must be booked to the gills with work, leaving no wiggle room for the variables that play out in the field.

Dish employees are held to metrics that are often unrealistic, unreliable, and the majority of the metrics are out of the employee's control.

Work place gets real stressful. there is an ambulance at the call center at least once a month hauling an employee out on a stretcher. I have had days I felt I could be one of them.

Joe, WAKE UP! how are you surprised? Of course, the people are around you are going to tell you everything is peachy! Have you been a CEO for so long that you actually think that everything you see is real? Make an unannounced appearance at some of these call centers.....I guarantee you will see something completely different.

1961 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Entitlement Rampent - BEWARE!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Good pay, great for advancement, free service, tuition reimbursement, annual pay increase if deserved, great bonus structure

Cons

Many employees feel entitled to better pay, higher bonuses, promotions, better schedules, etc. Many of these people refuse to do their job and come on places like here to complain. Fact at Dish is simple, perform well, get rewarded. Perform poorly, you don't. Perform mediocre and don't try to get better, what's the point? The sense of entitlement at Dish is unbelievable at times and you see people every day hired to to a job they agreed to who flat out refuse to do it, and expect no negative response from management. Call centers are not for everyone, and a lot of people come here thinking they can skate by. Won't happen at Dish, you are expected to perform. If you are not, a reasonable attempt will be made to get you to acceptable performance and you will be given many chances to succeed over an evaluation period that stretches over many months. If you still can't do well, why would you even want to stay at a job? My favorite thing people say negative about Dish is they love to fire people and only care about money. This shows the ignorance in the people who come to complain. Had they had any knowledge of how running a business works, they would know the incredibly high cost of employee turnover and this idea they get in their mind that somehow high attrition leads to more money is laughable. I work with people in both call centers and the corporate office daily, and the above statements are true to them. I have little knowledge of the installation world and this review is probably not accurate for those folks. I would also like to define a few things people refer too in many of their reviews (once again, talking about the call center here):

Long hours: Entry level positions are mostly hired full time with 40 hour a week schedules. Based on call volume some mandatory ET may be needed (Typically 4-5 hours per week at most, and usually rare, 8-10 weeks a year). Therefore, a long week is usually 45 hours unless you work more by choice. Keep in mind these are hourly employees, so they get paid OT.

Schedules always change: I assume they refer to some random mandatory ET that may come up, usually with advanced notice and warned about at time of hire. Regular schedules do not always change like in retail or other service jobs, where weekly changes are the norm. Change of shifts are rare and best shift awarded to good employees (see first part of review).

Calls are sooooo rough: Did you think customers call a CSC to complement you? This is the job, use you tools and know you will never talk to this person again

Metrics are hard to hit: You don't even have to be 100% to goal to be bonus eligible

In conclusion, if you not entitled, want a good job, take feedback, can see a big picture and care about doing well, come to Dish. If not, go somewhere else.

Hire better. Does a college degree mean success? NO! Military experience will work great at Dish!! Not always. Computer based tests will only pass through great candidates! Wrong again.

I love working at DISH

Current Employee - Employee in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Employee in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you enjoy a 9-5 job that is the same old grind every day then you probably would not enjoy working at DISH. Every day is an adventure. In each job I've ever had the people you work with are the key to how you feel about the company. I work with great, forward thinking people. Waking up is always fun when I know I'm going to work at DISH.

Cons

You don't like to work hard - you don't even like to come to work on a regular basis? Then DISH is not for you. Sure, you may work long hours and have unscheduled overtime pop up based on the situation of the moment. However, at least you have a job. You don't like talking on the phone to people who are mad? Just think of it as an opportunity. My goal is always to have my customer thank me at the end of our time together.

Management - get out there and manage. See people sitting on top of their desks with their feet in the chair. Bring it to their attention. See people eating lunch while talking to customers? Point out the frequent breaks and the break rooms that are availible for meals. See people on their phones texting while they are supposed to be assisting customers - ask them, per stated company rules, to put the phone away. I can't see a reason to have cell phones at the customer service positions anyway. Especially since every cell phone these days has a built in camera and employees deal with customer credit card numbers and other confidential information all day long.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH