DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Could be MUCH better

Current Employee - Field Service Coordinator in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Field Service Coordinator in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Can't complain too much about the pay

Cons

They are turning this "One more" initiative into a "One more too many". In my department, instead of being proactive, we merely deal with the daily struggles of coordinating our burned out techs in ridiculously over-routed areas while telling the customer our techs are "running behind" when we should be telling them that they are lucky if they are seen because we book more jobs than the techs can handle. Days are often made much for difficult and stressful because every tech must be booked to the gills with work, leaving no wiggle room for the variables that play out in the field.

Dish employees are held to metrics that are often unrealistic, unreliable, and the majority of the metrics are out of the employee's control.

Work place gets real stressful. there is an ambulance at the call center at least once a month hauling an employee out on a stretcher. I have had days I felt I could be one of them.

Joe, WAKE UP! how are you surprised? Of course, the people are around you are going to tell you everything is peachy! Have you been a CEO for so long that you actually think that everything you see is real? Make an unannounced appearance at some of these call centers.....I guarantee you will see something completely different.

2001 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

I got screwed over

Former Employee - Field Service Technician IV in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician IV in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

the money was fine overtime loved it

Cons

moving up in the company sucked i moved from a one to a four in fourteen months but other were at level 1 after a year or two. transferring to another location sucks. they need to help people move up

i was good at what i did and i needed to move to another state due to family emergency. i applied for a transfer in october but my manager didnt submit it until december. in feb i was told that everything was still fine with the transfer so i took a pdo and i went over there my son had broke his leg so i asked for fmla and it was approved about three weeks later i called my hr rep but to no avail kept calling him and nothing so i went to the office i wanted to transfer to and they told me to talk to my hr rep apparently they never approved the transfer and i was never aware of this. dish doesnt take care of one of there best why would they care about any tech. so i quit thanks dish

Best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Thornton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement, good pay, good benefits, free TV service, lots of great people to work with.

Cons

None that I have encountered.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH