DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Customer Service Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Being on a team that becomes like second family (you have to because you never get to see your family), pay for the area, guaranteed breaks with one hour lunches, and location.

Cons

Mandatory overtime, point attendance policy, team coaches are sometimes unwillingly to help, daily changes to business policies that you have to explain to customers, take downs of certain channels like AMC and have to explain to disgruntled customers, a training program that is too short, and set schedules where there is no room for changes when a major even happens in your life.

Create more useful incentives when doing a good job besides the free stuff given by the various premium channels. Make the bonus incentive more achievable.

2002 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Current fss 4

Current Employee - FSS IV in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - FSS IV in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

At my work place we are all like family. I love all my fellow employees and interacting with my customers.

Cons

I wish the benefits were better. My insurance for what i do is horrible. I love my company an don't want to down it in the least but I just wished I had a better health plan. I go in customers houses that are filthy and sometimes the customers are even sick. Yes granted if we get hurt on the job the company will pay for all the cost but I cannot go to my fan and say I may have gotten sick at a customers house. I use my own insurance thy they provide for that which is 20% out of my pocket. I just wished it was better for what I do. I am extremely dedicated and never complain and sell $700 or more in dish smart home services a month and maintain all my numbers. I have been with the company almost 5 years and will continue to be there as long as they will let me. I just wish that for a muti billion dollar company i could atleast have $15 co-pays which I had at a previous company that while I was there celebrated that they had finally became a million dollar company. I also believe promotions from within would be great instead others off the street. I know lots of fellow employees that have applied for job and would be great in the role but were surpassed by others off the street that had no company loyalty and left or got fired shortly after getting the job in turn crushing the person who enternally applieds company spirit. One more complaint is I wish my IM and FSM actually seemed responsible. I've been here long enough that I remember the days that it was mandatory for FSM'S to stay until every tech got back. Since its been lifted at least in Nashville my IM and FSM are gone every day by 4 and are very hard to get ahold of. That's ridiculous considered the dangers we can potentially run into. Anyways that's my peace but I still love an support my company to the fullest.

Just please get better insurance and promote from within and don't har management that leaves at 4 every day and abandons every one else in the field.

Dish is a Cesspool

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Tulsa, OK

I worked at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no best reasons to work at DISH

Cons

Inept management. Ever changing schedules. Poor compensation. Backstabbing Supervisors.

Quit - go somewhere else. Stop blocking the way for intelligent, honest, management people with integrity from coming into the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH