DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Entitlement Rampent - BEWARE!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Good pay, great for advancement, free service, tuition reimbursement, annual pay increase if deserved, great bonus structure

Cons

Many employees feel entitled to better pay, higher bonuses, promotions, better schedules, etc. Many of these people refuse to do their job and come on places like here to complain. Fact at Dish is simple, perform well, get rewarded. Perform poorly, you don't. Perform mediocre and don't try to get better, what's the point? The sense of entitlement at Dish is unbelievable at times and you see people every day hired to to a job they agreed to who flat out refuse to do it, and expect no negative response from management. Call centers are not for everyone, and a lot of people come here thinking they can skate by. Won't happen at Dish, you are expected to perform. If you are not, a reasonable attempt will be made to get you to acceptable performance and you will be given many chances to succeed over an evaluation period that stretches over many months. If you still can't do well, why would you even want to stay at a job? My favorite thing people say negative about Dish is they love to fire people and only care about money. This shows the ignorance in the people who come to complain. Had they had any knowledge of how running a business works, they would know the incredibly high cost of employee turnover and this idea they get in their mind that somehow high attrition leads to more money is laughable. I work with people in both call centers and the corporate office daily, and the above statements are true to them. I have little knowledge of the installation world and this review is probably not accurate for those folks. I would also like to define a few things people refer too in many of their reviews (once again, talking about the call center here):

Long hours: Entry level positions are mostly hired full time with 40 hour a week schedules. Based on call volume some mandatory ET may be needed (Typically 4-5 hours per week at most, and usually rare, 8-10 weeks a year). Therefore, a long week is usually 45 hours unless you work more by choice. Keep in mind these are hourly employees, so they get paid OT.

Schedules always change: I assume they refer to some random mandatory ET that may come up, usually with advanced notice and warned about at time of hire. Regular schedules do not always change like in retail or other service jobs, where weekly changes are the norm. Change of shifts are rare and best shift awarded to good employees (see first part of review).

Calls are sooooo rough: Did you think customers call a CSC to complement you? This is the job, use you tools and know you will never talk to this person again

Metrics are hard to hit: You don't even have to be 100% to goal to be bonus eligible

In conclusion, if you not entitled, want a good job, take feedback, can see a big picture and care about doing well, come to Dish. If not, go somewhere else.

Hire better. Does a college degree mean success? NO! Military experience will work great at Dish!! Not always. Computer based tests will only pass through great candidates! Wrong again.

1856 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

I got screwed over

Former Employee - Field Service Technician IV in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician IV in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

the money was fine overtime loved it

Cons

moving up in the company sucked i moved from a one to a four in fourteen months but other were at level 1 after a year or two. transferring to another location sucks. they need to help people move up

i was good at what i did and i needed to move to another state due to family emergency. i applied for a transfer in october but my manager didnt submit it until december. in feb i was told that everything was still fine with the transfer so i took a pdo and i went over there my son had broke his leg so i asked for fmla and it was approved about three weeks later i called my hr rep but to no avail kept calling him and nothing so i went to the office i wanted to transfer to and they told me to talk to my hr rep apparently they never approved the transfer and i was never aware of this. dish doesnt take care of one of there best why would they care about any tech. so i quit thanks dish

Best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Thornton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement, good pay, good benefits, free TV service, lots of great people to work with.

Cons

None that I have encountered.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH