DISH

www.dish.com

Worst? Yes and No

Field Service Specialist II (Current Employee) Chanhassen, MN

ProsGood pay, plenty of overtime if you want it or even if you don't, there's some great people to work with.

ConsI've been sitting at my computer typing and retyping my frustrations for over an hour. I'm just going to go one at a time and see how long it takes.

Management - numbers, numbers, numbers - it's all they care about.

Metrics....
PPH - productivity = do more in less time
Completion Percentage - usually out of your control but what the hell graded on it anyway
CSATs - Happy customer = good Unhappy customer = bad regarless if it's your fault
TC12s - usually something the customer did but you still get dinged for it
Connectivity - usually out of your control also but, it's still your fault
Signal Strength - Only one that is in your control however' if you get a 69 instead of a 70 you get a fail

Routes and Field Resources - not done right and usually FRCs are overworked as much as the techs but trying to make the day go smoothly is a chore

Smart Home Sales - selling customers overpriced products and services you wouldn't buy yourself (it's all about profit and not the customer)

Working Holidays - really people can't go 1 day without TV anymore? Having worked almost evey holiday this past year including Xmas eve/day New Year's eve/day and having customers tell me I should be home with my family and not working really makes you wonder what is corporate thinking about when they're at home with their families while we're out working those days. Profit is my guess.

Training - basics are taught well enough for you to get a start but if you run across anything out of the ordinary you have no idea what to do. This includes new products and services you get told about and get a quick 5 minute rundown and off you go.

Communication - poor to begin with and getting worse with the launch of the Notes making it almost impossible to get any information received or conveyed.

Management - have to mention again for one reason, they focus more on the 1 bad than they do the 99 good.

I could go on all day but I think these are the major reasons why we feel this way.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry doing our job not for a day but for an entire week, one day isn't a good sampling it might be one of the good days. A week isn't a great sampling either but the weeks usually seem to be more consistant than a day does.

Some of upper management makes the job amazing, while others ruin it.

Various Different Job Titles (Former Employee) Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Can be a great opportunity for those willing to work hard and stay focused. If you are under the right manager/upper management the jobs great.… Cons: You should expect to be just another number and to work in an element of fear. Majority (not all) of management will not listen to… Advice to Senior Management: Consider listening to what your employees are telling you and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The Worst Job I Ever Had

FSS III (Field Service Specialist) (Former Employee) Wilmington, MA

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: 1. 4 day work week 2. Set schedule 3. 401 K 4. Company provided… Cons: 1. Mandatory overtime (always notified without notice [at the end of your shift on the last day of your work week] making it difficult to… Advice to Senior Management: 1. Treat the employees with respect 2. Let the employee determine the best organization for the van tools and inventory, we use them constantly and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!