DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worst? Yes and No

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Chanhassen, MN
Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, plenty of overtime if you want it or even if you don't, there's some great people to work with.

Cons

I've been sitting at my computer typing and retyping my frustrations for over an hour. I'm just going to go one at a time and see how long it takes.

Management - numbers, numbers, numbers - it's all they care about.

Metrics....
PPH - productivity = do more in less time
Completion Percentage - usually out of your control but what the hell graded on it anyway
CSATs - Happy customer = good Unhappy customer = bad regarless if it's your fault
TC12s - usually something the customer did but you still get dinged for it
Connectivity - usually out of your control also but, it's still your fault
Signal Strength - Only one that is in your control however' if you get a 69 instead of a 70 you get a fail

Routes and Field Resources - not done right and usually FRCs are overworked as much as the techs but trying to make the day go smoothly is a chore

Smart Home Sales - selling customers overpriced products and services you wouldn't buy yourself (it's all about profit and not the customer)

Working Holidays - really people can't go 1 day without TV anymore? Having worked almost evey holiday this past year including Xmas eve/day New Year's eve/day and having customers tell me I should be home with my family and not working really makes you wonder what is corporate thinking about when they're at home with their families while we're out working those days. Profit is my guess.

Training - basics are taught well enough for you to get a start but if you run across anything out of the ordinary you have no idea what to do. This includes new products and services you get told about and get a quick 5 minute rundown and off you go.

Communication - poor to begin with and getting worse with the launch of the Notes making it almost impossible to get any information received or conveyed.

Management - have to mention again for one reason, they focus more on the 1 bad than they do the 99 good.

I could go on all day but I think these are the major reasons why we feel this way.

Try doing our job not for a day but for an entire week, one day isn't a good sampling it might be one of the good days. A week isn't a great sampling either but the weeks usually seem to be more consistant than a day does.

1856 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Some of upper management makes the job amazing, while others ruin it.

Former Employee - Various Different Job Titles in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Various Different Job Titles in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can be a great opportunity for those willing to work hard and stay focused. If you are under the right manager/upper management the jobs great. I was there 3 years and started at the very bottom as a customer service representative and going on my 2nd year I was offered 2 promotions within that same year. It was a great experience until the lack of organization and managements inability to listen (in a specific department) got the best of & ruined everything.

Cons

You should expect to be just another number and to work in an element of fear. Majority (not all) of management will not listen to issues or concerns that individuals or teams may have. They have random HUGE mass firings where you'll see anywhere from 50-200 people- if not more let go at one time.

Consider listening to what your employees are telling you and at least investigate the concern/issue further.

The worst job I ever had.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in College Point, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in College Point, NY

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training was in depth and plentiful a lot of effort is put into training its employees.

Cons

Benefits are awful, company doesn't seem to care, metrics are absurd.

Listen to your employees, a lot must be done to improve retention. Company seems to pass on the atitude that you are replaceable rather than how do we help resolve your issues. It's the job of the representative to care for the customer and the job of managment to care for the employees so show it.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH