DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Horrible. This company does not value its employees. At all.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. Really. There are none.

Cons

DISH does not treat their employees like adults. They treat you like slaves, and that is not an exaggeration. Case in point:
- When you start working there, they give you a list of their company's value's/expectations. One is: Do one more thing before you go home every day.

Really? Really. Are you serious. You know we are people, right? This is disgusting. Why don't you try managing like a human being. Just because you are CEO doesn't mean there aren't equally talented, smart people working at your company, who BY THE WAY, make your company run!! Company could not turn a profit without its human capital and talent. And even if you do think of everyone as minions, why would you want them to feel like slaves that your'e trying to squeeze every minute out of by putting this as one of the company's values/core expectations? Given the no-work-from-home-ever policy and the must-eat-lunch-between-11:30-2 policy, you'd think you could at least leave this one off. Give me a break.

Health insurance is really poor compared to other companies. Really poor. And this is across the board.

401K match is a joke, they hardly match anyyyyyything. Management is cool with you eating dog food when you're retired and 70!

Employees are not empowered to do their jobs. It's a joke. You can't do cross-functional collaboration to own a project and accomplish it. Just gotta submit to your manager. Seriously, the issues that my manager's manager deals with make me laugh. I honestly cannot believe someone at that level gets that involved in the weeds. Do they not have bigger fish to fry and things to work on. Wow.

There's more but I"m not wasting time to write about this crappy company.. if you decide to work here get ready to be treated like a slave/robot.

Oh yeah, and it's really really annoying that they basically force you to get DISH service. If your employees don't want to get DISH, don't make them. You say it's about getting to know the product, but given the culture at your company noooo one is going to buy that. It's clearly cuz you know when people leave they're not likely to want to switch service due to the hassle. We're not stupid, you know.

I am leaving this company asap.

Stop treating your employees like crap.

1889 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

I got screwed over

Former Employee - Field Service Technician IV in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician IV in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

the money was fine overtime loved it

Cons

moving up in the company sucked i moved from a one to a four in fourteen months but other were at level 1 after a year or two. transferring to another location sucks. they need to help people move up

i was good at what i did and i needed to move to another state due to family emergency. i applied for a transfer in october but my manager didnt submit it until december. in feb i was told that everything was still fine with the transfer so i took a pdo and i went over there my son had broke his leg so i asked for fmla and it was approved about three weeks later i called my hr rep but to no avail kept calling him and nothing so i went to the office i wanted to transfer to and they told me to talk to my hr rep apparently they never approved the transfer and i was never aware of this. dish doesnt take care of one of there best why would they care about any tech. so i quit thanks dish

Senior Operations Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people who work for Dish, the everyday employees are great. Hard working and energetic.

Cons

Dish used to be great, but it has become a cut throat, nasty environment to work in daily. Everyone is out to save themselves which makes it feel like a sinking ship. The old model under Charlie was better, give people a chance (regardless of education and experience) and they will work hard and be fiercely loyal. Those days are over, and those loyal employees are no longer valued.

Wake up.