Horrible. This company does not value its employees. At all.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. Really. There are none.

Cons

DISH does not treat their employees like adults. They treat you like slaves, and that is not an exaggeration. Case in point:
- When you start working there, they give you a list of their company's value's/expectations. One is: Do one more thing before you go home every day.

Really? Really. Are you serious. You know we are people, right? This is disgusting. Why don't you try managing like a human being. Just because you are CEO doesn't mean there aren't equally talented, smart people working at your company, who BY THE WAY, make your company run!! Company could not turn a profit without its human capital and talent. And even if you do think of everyone as minions, why would you want them to feel like slaves that your'e trying to squeeze every minute out of by putting this as one of the company's values/core expectations? Given the no-work-from-home-ever policy and the must-eat-lunch-between-11:30-2 policy, you'd think you could at least leave this one off. Give me a break.

Health insurance is really poor compared to other companies. Really poor. And this is across the board.

401K match is a joke, they hardly match anyyyyyything. Management is cool with you eating dog food when you're retired and 70!

Employees are not empowered to do their jobs. It's a joke. You can't do cross-functional collaboration to own a project and accomplish it. Just gotta submit to your manager. Seriously, the issues that my manager's manager deals with make me laugh. I honestly cannot believe someone at that level gets that involved in the weeds. Do they not have bigger fish to fry and things to work on. Wow.

There's more but I"m not wasting time to write about this crappy company.. if you decide to work here get ready to be treated like a slave/robot.

Oh yeah, and it's really really annoying that they basically force you to get DISH service. If your employees don't want to get DISH, don't make them. You say it's about getting to know the product, but given the culture at your company noooo one is going to buy that. It's clearly cuz you know when people leave they're not likely to want to switch service due to the hassle. We're not stupid, you know.

I am leaving this company asap.

Stop treating your employees like crap.

Other Reviews for DISH

Unethical Practices and Misleading Goals of Customer Satisfaction

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  Harlingen, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Harlingen, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no Pros working at Dish

Cons

Dish will push and motivate you to perform at an exceptional level with promises of big rewards only to strip your hard earned sales from you.

Why would they do that you ask?

For providing unsatisfied customers who were promised a certain monthly rate or quality service a discount on their premium movie packages.

Dish offers sales commission on every movie package that you add to an account at full or ½ price, yet Dish penalizes you when you give a customer a movie package at ½ price to an unsatisfied customer.

At the end of the day you feel good because you provided a customer who is going through financial problems a discount at a movie channel he/she already enjoys watching, yet Dish doesn't look at it that way.

All Dish care’s about is that there account balances match their net income goals at the end of each quarter.

Yet Dish makes you believe it cares about customer satisfaction.

It’s no wonder customer service and loyalty representatives aren't motivated to go the extra mile because those who have been employed at Dish for a while know it’s just not worth the effort.

It’s no surprise Dish Network was voted as one of the “worst places to work for”

competitve pay

Current Employee - Loyalty Representative  in  Alvin, TX
    Current Employee - Loyalty Representative in Alvin, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

two weeks vacation available your first year, an opportunity for advancement quick. bonuses, an alot of over time.

Cons

alot of training, an business changes.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!