DISH

www.dish.com

Horrible. This company does not value its employees. At all.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsNone. Really. There are none.

ConsDISH does not treat their employees like adults. They treat you like slaves, and that is not an exaggeration. Case in point:
- When you start working there, they give you a list of their company's value's/expectations. One is: Do one more thing before you go home every day.

Really? Really. Are you serious. You know we are people, right? This is disgusting. Why don't you try managing like a human being. Just because you are CEO doesn't mean there aren't equally talented, smart people working at your company, who BY THE WAY, make your company run!! Company could not turn a profit without its human capital and talent. And even if you do think of everyone as minions, why would you want them to feel like slaves that your'e trying to squeeze every minute out of by putting this as one of the company's values/core expectations? Given the no-work-from-home-ever policy and the must-eat-lunch-between-11:30-2 policy, you'd think you could at least leave this one off. Give me a break.

Health insurance is really poor compared to other companies. Really poor. And this is across the board.

401K match is a joke, they hardly match anyyyyyything. Management is cool with you eating dog food when you're retired and 70!

Employees are not empowered to do their jobs. It's a joke. You can't do cross-functional collaboration to own a project and accomplish it. Just gotta submit to your manager. Seriously, the issues that my manager's manager deals with make me laugh. I honestly cannot believe someone at that level gets that involved in the weeds. Do they not have bigger fish to fry and things to work on. Wow.

There's more but I"m not wasting time to write about this crappy company.. if you decide to work here get ready to be treated like a slave/robot.

Oh yeah, and it's really really annoying that they basically force you to get DISH service. If your employees don't want to get DISH, don't make them. You say it's about getting to know the product, but given the culture at your company noooo one is going to buy that. It's clearly cuz you know when people leave they're not likely to want to switch service due to the hassle. We're not stupid, you know.

I am leaving this company asap.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees like crap.

competitve pay

Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) Alvin, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros: two weeks vacation available your first year, an opportunity for… Cons: alot of training, an business changes. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Dish likes to burn their employees out.

Program Manager (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros: Dish Network has a lot of opportunities because they are based… Cons: Poor Pay, minimal benefits, and very hard to get time… Advice to Senior Management: Need to realize that employees can be a key part to the success of the company. When you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!