DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Hilliard, OH Review

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Hilliard, OH
Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Can move up quickly if can manage stats in a call center. No experience required to move up. Bonus structure for agents can be very lucrative. Steady shifts are available. Shift bids based on performance

Cons

Chop shop for agents and supervisors. Will not pay to keep anyone good so the really good people eventually leave to other companies or for more money. Prefers to hire from within which keeps salaries low and inexperienced supervisors. Training and development is poor (really non-existent) for leadership skills.

Develop a real plan and stick to it. Develop people. Invest in your people. Bring in outside management ideas, study real management concepts and apply them instead of relying on "what you know that works or has always worked for us here". There is always room for improvement

2001 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

I am wasiting my life working with Dish

Current Employee - FSS in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - FSS in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing is the salary

Cons

Where do I start from long hours, huge workloads, mandatory overtime, misleading marketing, pressured to be a salesman even though am a technician as I have to sale items to people during my visit. Most of the management talk for everyday is how to bring the office sales up as they have the sales board for each individual technician and how much he sold, either the company revenue from Subscribers is not growing or losing otherwise there is no need to pressure the technicians to sale, we certainly didn’t sign up for that. Beside that driving for long distances that at the end of the day I have huge headache just from that. I feel that I have no value with the company that am wasting my life here.

Capitalism at its finest.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III/Tech Support in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You meet individuals who are kind and very helpful.

Cons

Management does not fall into the very helpful category. If you introduce a great idea management quickly shoots it down cause they did not think of it.

It's a real simple truth, treat your employees as you would want your employees to treat your customers.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH