There are newer employer reviews for DISH

A company for a job, not a career company

Former Employee - Installation Manager
Former Employee - Installation Manager

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are always hiring. They provide all the tools, uniforms, vehicles, and gas for the Fied Service Technicians. Free DISH programming.

Cons

Watch the promises they make when you are hired, big promises.
The company is always chasing it's tail, round and round you'll go... In other words, there is no continuity in the focus, or message, creating confusion, especially in the management ranks.

1811 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

It was like a prison sentence. I had co-workers that left and called it "EchoTraz" and now I know why......

Former Employee - Training Manager
    Former Employee - Training Manager

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people I met during my tenure were invaluable.

Cons

Over worked - with no aprreciation from the company.
    65-70 per week.
    Weekend work was mandatory in most cases.
    The company does not value hard working, and loyal workers.
    The company does not value family time.
    Salary was a not suitable for other comparable positions in other fortune 500 companies.
    There is no intergrity or trust within the company.
    The direction of the company changes with every "initiative".
    The company is so inefficient! As a manager for years Dish nickel and dimed their employees when paying expense reports.
    It takes 3-4 levels of approvers before you can even get paid on an expense report (heaven forbid you tipped $.01 too much. Travel Accounting will be sure to dock you for it). You sometimes waited for weeks to a month just to get your own money back! I felt like I was constantly loaning $ to Dish.
    In this day and age other than fast food who can afford a $10 breakfast, $10 lunch and $20 dinner including the 17% tip (yes that's all the tip Dish will reimburse) - really how embarrassing. Most employees eat the cost.
    Rooming with complete strangers was always a treat. I once had to room with 3 people in a room!
    Try to find a room in company policy for $89 per night in New York or LA!
    If a director or VP are on vacation or heaven's forbid NEW and have no clue how to approve a flight - look out. You only have 12 hours before the flight is rejected and the employee submitting the flight must resubmit all over again. I once had an employee resubmit 5 times because the VP had no clue how to click the "Approve" button in his email. Good use of company time.
    There are too many other cons to list!

Start caring about your employees and you may get better results and less turnover. Charlie's revolving door policy is great training employees planning to move to a better company. Anyone with any real talent gains their training and experience and moves on to a better company within a few years because of the poor treatment. Even Joe Clayton's reputation will not be enough to bail the company out of this mess. Their ongoing method of intimidation and fear only works on "fresh out of college" employees or employees that are scared to make a move to something better. I know it took me 10 years to get out! Thank goodness I did because I realized how much more there is to offer.

They just don't care about their employees.

Current Employee - FSS IV
    Current Employee - FSS IV

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a technician, it is good pay. Have three days off(although there are rumors that might change).

Cons

Their way or the highway mentality of management. They seem to think very house is exactly the same therefore every install should be the same. You get blamed for things that are out of your control. Because of that you lose incentive money. Long hours. When you get home, all you have time to do is eat and then go to sleep. Managements response is, "you're getting paid per hour, so just do it." "It is what it is." Upper management just cares about the numbers. Benefits are horrible and expensive.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH