DISH

www.dish.com

Structured environment with large potential if your okay with micro - management

Dish Network Installer (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThey are an international company and for that reason there is of course a large potential for advancement so long as you want to work hard to get there. The company also has invested largely into technology to include the Samsung Note so that you can work more efficiently and keep everything from the activations, to the customer's signature all digital and hassle free. This technology continues into your routes, GPS to customer location and so forth. You can start on the bottom end as a FSS1 (Installer) if you know your stuff can be a lead technician by your first year. After a few years with the company you may have the option to move up to a FSM (Field Service Manager). From there it depends on the route you wish to take and where you are wanting to go.. Even during your time as an installer there are many routes and options that you have. You will be SCBA certified and then you can go back through more training to become certified to do Smart Home. Through all of your training you increase in level of pay and there are some techs pushing around $25-30hr. All depends on how hard you want to work and how long...

ConsThe great thing is the structured environment and there is a lot technology to help make your job easier but that all comes at a cost. The FSM's are able to at any point in the day know your exact location, know what your doing and how.. Generally this isn't a problem if you are doing what you are supposed to do however it does make you wonder how much you are trusted.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement at this location seems to be very interested in the employees lives and the things that are going on which affect work. Most of the management is prior military to include marines which makes the management style a little "in your face". You have to understand though at least in my perspective that this is a good thing. You know what you are getting and you don't have to wonder about uncertainties. You know what is expected of you and there is no reason that you can't do your job as they give you everything that you would need to complete the task. They do a great job and they work hard. Keep up the good work. The only advice that could be given is to the upper management. STOP HOLDING CONNECTIVITY AGAINST THE TECH! We can not control the fact that more and more people are dropping traditional forms of connectivity. More people JUST LIKE ME use their phone for internet. Why are we being graded on this is we can't control it. Trust that your employees are connecting the ones they can and leave the rest alone.

OK to work

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Pine Brook, NJ

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros: 400 base salary plus commission if your selling.4 week of… Cons: Stressful place .Have to get dish service and attendance is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

One flew over the cookoos nest

TSR III (Former Employee) McKeesport, PA

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They will take anyone who can read, write and has a pulse. Long time employees are very dedicated and good at their job.… Cons: They will take anyone who can read, write and has a pulse. The company is very rigid yet expects their employees to be highly flexible. … Advice to Senior Management: Stop moving jobs overseas. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!