DISH

www.dish.com

My experience has been up and down.

Technician (Current Employee)

ProsOne reason is it is a job in this shaky economy. I enjoy the technical side of working for DISH. We get to meet and greet new people daily. Independence.

ConsWe are graded on certain metrics and we have little to no control over some of them. Bonuses, as well as promotions, are determined by these metrics. Pay is not competitive. I could make twice the amount I make here at DirecTv. I went to school to be certified to install satellite internet and of course we don't get extra pay when we get extra certifications.There is no such thing as an excused absence. I was wrote up for missing a day when I was told to take the day off from a doctor and I took the slip to my office. If a customer misses their appointment and we are an hour and a half away, back at the office, and the customer gets home and wants us to come back to do their job we have to turn around and go back. We work in all weather, in attics and under houses.Technicians are forced to try and sell new equipment offered by DISH to customers and we are compensated with Reward points that we can use to buy things at a website. Well, considering the value of items we sell the "reward" points don't equal out to much. Last time I checked, salesmen usually receive some kind of training and they are reasonably compensated.The "rewards" are not worth their while. A real salesman would make actual money for selling these items at another place. Our management tells us if we have a problem to talk to them and they will try to work something out with us. Well, if we do go to them and talk to them we almost always get the same answer. It's something along the lines of, "There is nothing I can do to help." or "I will have to ask somebody else and get back to you." or "That is the policy and there is nothing I can do to help." I love the type of work but it seems like we(technicians) , the face of DISH, are doormats and don't matter at all. If we did, pay would be competitive, we would be properly rewarded for accomplishments and we would be treated like people, instead of slaves.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and take our issues up the ladder so something can be done to make DISH a decent place to work. Fight for the minions underneath you.

40% monthly bonus if you learn to de-escalate effectively with customers.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros: The starting salary is below average US income, but well above a customer service rep's starting income even among others in the NY area. But… Cons: This is not a con for the company, but more of a misconception I had about this job. The 80%/20% rule applies to the bonus… Advice to Senior Management: Sometimes customers' negativity gets to the CSRs and supervisors alike, and then supervisors turn around and take it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It is okay

I have been working at DISH

Pros: You make a pay check. the pay is based on what you do.… Cons: constant bad call transfers. hard to gauge exactly what you are doing day to do. tons of overtime… Advice to Senior Management: hire more people. change marketing. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!