DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Great 7 years...hopefully an even better 7 years to come

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment - My co workers are great and we get along very well
Relaxed work environment, I have dead lines and requirements that need to be met but as long as I fulfill my tasks then there is no issue and there is no micro-managing going on. I feel that I'm given work and told when it needs to be done and then I'm trusted to get things done. If I need help, my management will assist me in any way possible or shed light on anything I'm confused about . Overall I love my job.

I started in call center years ago and I worked my way through customer service ranks and then technical support ranks and now I'm working at the corporate offices and I love it. During my time in the call centers, I was recognized for my work and when I was able to produce results I was also given bonus money on my check along with other incentives which was great. Now that I'm at corporate, Dish just keeps getting better for me. I get along with all my coworkers and the atmosphere here is warm and for the most part everyone is very friendly and willing to help out any way they can. At least in the department I work for, there seems to be a strong team feeling. When things need to be done or things are escalated and need to be addressed, it feels like everyone takes responsibility as if this were their own personal company and pull together to get things done.

I feel like I'm a perfect example of hard work paying off.I worked hard in the call centers and my hard work was seen and I was tasked with some extra projects to see if I could handle them. After some time and hard work I applied for a position at the corporate headquarters and interviewed and got the job. A lot of people feel like they are stuck in call centers or have no way out, but with hard work and a bit of networking and building relationships everyone can progress in their career path. Whether that be a training position or supervisor or manager of the call center or moving to corporate, I think anything is possible if you have the drive and willingness to excel here at DISH.

Antoher thing I really respected about DISH was how they handled me joining the military after just being hired less than a year. I made the decision join the military as active duty and they helped me get everything situated before I left. After a few years in the military I moved back home and was wondering what to do with myself since I was so accustomed to being told what to do and where to live etc while in the military. I called up DISH and told them I was back and they brought me in the next day, offered me my job back with about a $7 raise from where I was when I left and I agreed. I was back in re-hire training the next week and back into the swing of things within the month.

Since Joey Clayton took over I have seen a change in the company and the overall feeling and direction it is moving in. It seems like things are being done to address the negative issues that have been brought up by former and current employees a like. In general, the moral seems to have gone up quite a bit over the last year both here at corporate and at the call centers.

I have recommended DISH as a job opportunity for mulitiple friends throughout the years and currently there are a few people still employed by DISH that I refered years ago. I would recommend DISH as a great company to work for and so far they have been great to me and I plan on sticking around for many years to come.

The free TV service is a great bonus!

Cons

Benefits could be improved on - health specifically

I feel the health plans are a bit lacking and can sometimes be overwhelming when debating on whether or not to go to the hospital due to the high deductibles that must be met with the normal plans.

Moral - It is getting better with Joe C at the helm but overall it is pretty poor, and I would assume that is because of the way the company had been run up to this point. I think the worse moral comes from call centers and maybe thats why churn is pretty high. But even at the corporate level it doesn't seem like there are many people excited to come to work. I enjoy my job and I enjoy being here and doing what I do, but I don't think most people feel that way.

Continue to move forward in this new direction. Taking feedback from workers and doing your best to make changes that can be made and fix things that are problem areas is what employees are wanting. Feeling like your feedback and your opinions and problems are being addressed is a huge moral booster and recently this appears to be happening more often and much quicker and I think its being noticed. Keep up the good work and keep the changes coming!

1883 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

A great customer service to get a career and make a significant amount of money.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many positive aspects to work for Dish. Naturally this is a customer service job and it may seem stressful at times. But the stress is mostly from the type of work and not necessarily caused by Dish. There is a lot of support to ensure agents are happy on the floor since morale is critical in a job like this regarless of position. Sometimes different metrics are pushed more then others but thats natural of every business. There are lots of opportunities to make money above your regular pay. Positions are regurlaly availble to grow both locally and nationally. There are benefits to go for further education and a good retirement plan as well. A great significant amount of overtime available if you are up for.

Cons

As I was writing this I was thinking very hard to fill out this section. I could hardly come up with anything to write here so Im going to have to leave this blank because i do not see any cons.

Use senior agents for meetings to give a better view on their opinion since they have put the time and effort to stay as long as they have.

I am proud to work at DISH

Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart, savvy and supportive coworkers and managers; unlimited opportunities for growth; exciting and challenging work; great pay; innovative company; beautiful campus; excellent benefits; on-the-job training; vibrant culture

Cons

I wish I lived closer to work!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH