Great 7 years...hopefully an even better 7 years to come

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work environment - My co workers are great and we get along very well
Relaxed work environment, I have dead lines and requirements that need to be met but as long as I fulfill my tasks then there is no issue and there is no micro-managing going on. I feel that I'm given work and told when it needs to be done and then I'm trusted to get things done. If I need help, my management will assist me in any way possible or shed light on anything I'm confused about . Overall I love my job.

I started in call center years ago and I worked my way through customer service ranks and then technical support ranks and now I'm working at the corporate offices and I love it. During my time in the call centers, I was recognized for my work and when I was able to produce results I was also given bonus money on my check along with other incentives which was great. Now that I'm at corporate, Dish just keeps getting better for me. I get along with all my coworkers and the atmosphere here is warm and for the most part everyone is very friendly and willing to help out any way they can. At least in the department I work for, there seems to be a strong team feeling. When things need to be done or things are escalated and need to be addressed, it feels like everyone takes responsibility as if this were their own personal company and pull together to get things done.

I feel like I'm a perfect example of hard work paying off.I worked hard in the call centers and my hard work was seen and I was tasked with some extra projects to see if I could handle them. After some time and hard work I applied for a position at the corporate headquarters and interviewed and got the job. A lot of people feel like they are stuck in call centers or have no way out, but with hard work and a bit of networking and building relationships everyone can progress in their career path. Whether that be a training position or supervisor or manager of the call center or moving to corporate, I think anything is possible if you have the drive and willingness to excel here at DISH.

Antoher thing I really respected about DISH was how they handled me joining the military after just being hired less than a year. I made the decision join the military as active duty and they helped me get everything situated before I left. After a few years in the military I moved back home and was wondering what to do with myself since I was so accustomed to being told what to do and where to live etc while in the military. I called up DISH and told them I was back and they brought me in the next day, offered me my job back with about a $7 raise from where I was when I left and I agreed. I was back in re-hire training the next week and back into the swing of things within the month.

Since Joey Clayton took over I have seen a change in the company and the overall feeling and direction it is moving in. It seems like things are being done to address the negative issues that have been brought up by former and current employees a like. In general, the moral seems to have gone up quite a bit over the last year both here at corporate and at the call centers.

I have recommended DISH as a job opportunity for mulitiple friends throughout the years and currently there are a few people still employed by DISH that I refered years ago. I would recommend DISH as a great company to work for and so far they have been great to me and I plan on sticking around for many years to come.

The free TV service is a great bonus!

Cons

Benefits could be improved on - health specifically

I feel the health plans are a bit lacking and can sometimes be overwhelming when debating on whether or not to go to the hospital due to the high deductibles that must be met with the normal plans.

Moral - It is getting better with Joe C at the helm but overall it is pretty poor, and I would assume that is because of the way the company had been run up to this point. I think the worse moral comes from call centers and maybe thats why churn is pretty high. But even at the corporate level it doesn't seem like there are many people excited to come to work. I enjoy my job and I enjoy being here and doing what I do, but I don't think most people feel that way.

Continue to move forward in this new direction. Taking feedback from workers and doing your best to make changes that can be made and fix things that are problem areas is what employees are wanting. Feeling like your feedback and your opinions and problems are being addressed is a huge moral booster and recently this appears to be happening more often and much quicker and I think its being noticed. Keep up the good work and keep the changes coming!

Other Reviews for DISH

Opportunity for Hard Working, Flexible Individuals

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analysis Manager  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Analysis Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

DISH appreciates and rewards talent and hard work. If you are the type of person that doesn't let obstacles get in your way and has a drive to succeed, you will succeed here. There are many opportunities to learn different areas of the business and people frequently move from department to department getting more experience. Experience is valued along with education. Fast paced and a lot of change mean you won't get bored. Job security and opportunity for advancement if you are hard working and willing to push yourself.

Cons

Fast paced environment can be challenging. Department silos exist and can be a hinderance to the smooth flow of information. Human resources hasn't always been employee friendly but that is beginning to change. Benefits and compensation could be better. The high deductible medical benefits are certainly not top of the line. Compensation is below average unless ou have a manager that knows how to push through the obstacles.

Fair compensation should be a focus. We have continued to use the same performance appraisal and compensation process and unless you have a management team willing to fight for fair pay, you are likely to make less than industry average. Continue to communicate honestly. If you want your employees to put the customer first you must continue to put the employee first. The culture shift needs to continue, it has been positive thus far.

Longevity,Advancement,Opportunity

Current Employee - FSS IV  in  South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - FSS IV in South Bend, IN

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been a DNS tech for five years now and let me tell you I've never worked for a better company . Nobody has offered more bennefits, or industry innovating training, or better pay, or a more concerned supervisory team. I love my job and look forward to many more years of service being dedicated to my job and being the best technition I can be.

Cons

As with any other job theres always some sacrifice due to work schedueling. This is no different besides longer days and shorter weeks. Personally i can live with three days off every week.

Continue the positive reinforcement, and recognition for the quality techs that earn such compliments

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!