There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Senior Technican - FSS Level 4 - EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK!!!

Current Employee - FSS IV - Senior Tech in Ann Arbor, MI
Current Employee - FSS IV - Senior Tech in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very competitive salary, many opportunities for advancement, Holiday Pay, Sick Pay, 401k, Benifits, and overall great people to work work! I have worked with this company for over 6 years. I have seen bad days and good days but what I have seen the most is the constant improvements that are being made to the company and how we work as a team. This company gives us all the tools we need to succed and I can say I have been quite successful with it.

Cons

Longer hours however as a tech I am aware of this and that is why we work 4 days per week.

1802 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Rewarding team environment at DISH.

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The family environment that supports its employees through both our personal and professional growth and challenges. DISH is a Colorado company that continues to employ locals right here at the Corporate Headquarters, Call Centers and Engineering as well as at the Warehouse. DISH encourages employee referrals of family and friends who also share a strong committment to loyalty, perserverance and the rewards that come along with hard work.

Cons

When site's like glassdoor share only a negative one sided story from disgruntled ex-employees who believe that everyone owe's them something. Please do not come to DISH if you do not have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude, because you will not be happy here. We are a strong proud family at DISH and we expect to work hard everyday and are grateful for the many rewards that our company shares with us.

Please keep up the good work that you do everyday to support our employees and our company so that their families can continue to enjoy the long term stable careers that DISH provides.

RUN AWAY!!! Way to go Dish, Everybody hates you ,,I,.

Former Employee - Field Service Specialist IV in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Field Service Specialist IV in Sacramento, CA

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

4 day work week. Good amount of paid time off and decent pay only if you've been with the company for a long time (impossible for new techs to promote). Free TV (but you are forced to have it; weird) If you like alchohol this job will make you drink (kind of cool i guess?)

Cons

Wow, where to begin. Management are scumbags and if they're not they're forced to be; customers are entitled dirt bags(some). The management from the top down is terrible. It's an extremely negative work environment. 90% plus installers absolutely hate their job and are constantly stressed out. There are 6 metrics that you are constantly held to but its almost impossible to balance all of them and some are completely out of your control. On top of that if you hit the metrics you can get a bonus but the incentive becomes mandatory and you will be targeted for termination if even one of the metrics doesn't meet their ridiculous requirements. Best example is this outrageous customer survey where a 0 is 10 and 1-9 is a fail. If your average isn't 9.6 or above you're considered to be doing something wrong. You are forced to sell stupid crap to people and are barely compensated for it. Systems are sold to customers incorrectly stating absurd things the system can do but actually cant all the time. The routing system is joke. You can't even use your own tools and the safety rules are absurd, nobody can follow the rules and get their job done. It's like hurry up but don't speed. The management will randomly show up to your job sites and harass you. No respect, people look down on you. Your hair might start to fall out.

Mass suicide.