DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Great people & growth opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love a fast-paced work day where I'm not counting the clock. I've only been with DISH for a few months, but in the short time I've been challenged, given immense responsibility and contributed to the business. This is an exciting business! For the first time in a long time I'm happy to go to work because I'm surrounded by smart, energetic people like me who are ready to make a difference.

Cons

I wish I had more vacation time, but DISH isn't different than other corporations in terms of benefits.

1955 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Dish is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Bluefield, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Bluefield, WV

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I work at Dish in Bluefield and love the family environment. Senior management cares about there employees and will do anything to help. My bosses have truly mentored me and helped in my development as a professional and person. They are great up sell incentives for agents coaches and managers. You have the opportunity to make $1000 plus month on incentives alone. They also have great opportunity for promotion. All of management has started as agents and worked there way up to their current positions. They are litterally promoting someone every month. If you are dedicated and have the skill, you will move up fast in this organization!

Cons

None, I have been there 10 years and love it. I wouldn't change anything

Keep focusing on your employees and keep the family atmosphere.

A Business Analyst's view of Dish

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For the most part, Dish provides a challenging, fast paced and collaborative environment. There are many lifelong learning opportunities due to a large variety of projects and people involved (i.e. a variety of ethnic and age groups with a variety of skill sets). There is a feeling of excitement and anticipation as new employees are being hired and new projects are being considered (e.g. how are we going to use the broadband spectrum).

Cons

There is still some co-worker negativity and resistance to change, although this is changing with the addition of new employees/management. Some long time employees seem to have been pushed up into management without the necessary skill sets.

Continue to work on rewarding and promoting based on performance. Review mid-level manager skill sets (e.g. ability to praise, encourage and enable). Continue to improve and promote teamwork (e.g. between business and IT). Continue your efforts in making Dish a desireable and fun place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH