DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

A Portrait of Dish

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Hilliard, OH
Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Dish coming up on 5 years and started as a frontline agent. I have worked hard and have been given opportunities to advance. This is a company that will reward hard work and has been an enjoyable adventure for me. I love technology and being on the cutting edge of a lot of really meaningful products that bring solutions to many people that had none before. Dish is a company that is willing to take on challenges and make their own path...I really think if you have an entrepreneurial spirit that treats this company like it's their own then Dish is a career that will give back (stocks, 401k). Dish has also given me the opportunity to travel and experience new cultures. It truly has been a wonderful experience for me.

Cons

My site has done a tremondous job of retaining our employees and I have had a team of agents that have been on my team for years. The people I work with our an entension of my family and like any family, we have good and bad days(but mostly good), As long as you have a positive attitude and can look past the trying days and see the big picture, Dish will give back to you and opportunities will arise. If you don't have a passion for the job then you probably will neglect it and eventually it will end.

We do have a strong team of managers that is focused and care about employees and our customers. Trust that you are going down the right path...it's the right one.

1889 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

A temporary Job that you don’t want to keep

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It’s just a job until the market gets better.

Cons

1. Worst benefits I have ever had. Poor pay, bad 401K, expensive medical.
    2. Company has a time clock, and to many rules, that they use to fire employees. Yes they fire 5% of the company every year.
    3. IT is an Indian base operation. The division has no talent and bad/old technology.
    4. Weakest management I have ever seen, all the way to the top.
    5. Long hours, weekend and even expected to work on holidays.

Cash in now before you kill the company

Hilliard, OH Review

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Can move up quickly if can manage stats in a call center. No experience required to move up. Bonus structure for agents can be very lucrative. Steady shifts are available. Shift bids based on performance

Cons

Chop shop for agents and supervisors. Will not pay to keep anyone good so the really good people eventually leave to other companies or for more money. Prefers to hire from within which keeps salaries low and inexperienced supervisors. Training and development is poor (really non-existent) for leadership skills.

Develop a real plan and stick to it. Develop people. Invest in your people. Bring in outside management ideas, study real management concepts and apply them instead of relying on "what you know that works or has always worked for us here". There is always room for improvement

There are newer employer reviews for DISH