DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

A Portrait of Dish

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Hilliard, OH
Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Dish coming up on 5 years and started as a frontline agent. I have worked hard and have been given opportunities to advance. This is a company that will reward hard work and has been an enjoyable adventure for me. I love technology and being on the cutting edge of a lot of really meaningful products that bring solutions to many people that had none before. Dish is a company that is willing to take on challenges and make their own path...I really think if you have an entrepreneurial spirit that treats this company like it's their own then Dish is a career that will give back (stocks, 401k). Dish has also given me the opportunity to travel and experience new cultures. It truly has been a wonderful experience for me.

Cons

My site has done a tremondous job of retaining our employees and I have had a team of agents that have been on my team for years. The people I work with our an entension of my family and like any family, we have good and bad days(but mostly good), As long as you have a positive attitude and can look past the trying days and see the big picture, Dish will give back to you and opportunities will arise. If you don't have a passion for the job then you probably will neglect it and eventually it will end.

We do have a strong team of managers that is focused and care about employees and our customers. Trust that you are going down the right path...it's the right one.

1857 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Incredible opportunity, outstanding colleagues, dynamic company

Current Employee - Director in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

DISH is truly a company under transformation. This is a company that recognizes that there is a path to be a better company tomorrow than it was yesterday, and it is willing to take risky internal and external steps to get there. This is an unbelievably rare quality among large corporations and thoroughly under appreciated. It is a place where I believe the best idea has a better-than-average chance of coming to fruition. Moreover, I have found the culture to be the fairest I have participated in. It is a tough place to work? Yes -- most environments that expect high achievement are.

Cons

DISH needs to continue address the the various policies drive needless resentment among employees and thwart the company's need to attract and retain the best talent possible.

Management has truly been working to listen more to employees in 2012; it's impacting engagement for the better -- keep it up in 2013.
    Continue your willingness to address out-dated, or less-than-productive policies; expect more from managers when it comes to employee development and coaching.
    Finally, stop being penny wise and pound foolish. Recognize the policies that irritate employees have a hard cost in terms of productivity and resentment.

bad company

Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great pay if you jump through every single hoop and dont have bad luck with customers who call in bullcrap trouble calls on you.

Cons

if a customer damages or alters their system, if they disconnect something/get a new tv or if the equipment goes bad or any such thing like this... they will call dish.. dish will build a trouble call.. which gets your paycheck docked.. matters not at all if it was in ANY way your fault.

Pay your employees right (not saying more, just saying right). Train CSR reps not to build bullcrap trouble calls just to avoid the service call fee fight with the customer. This simple step will stop HALF your turnover rate.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH