There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Get The Facts Straight

Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Spartanburg, SC
Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

-Team oriented atmosphere.
-Opportunity for individual growth.
-Employee discounts.
-Climate controlled environment with ergonomical tools/resources.
-Competitive benefits.
-Competitive work schedule.

Cons

Room for slight improvement on hourly wages.

The company is headed in the right direction.

1793 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Where are the improvements?

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Customers and coworkers. You do get paid so I guess that could be considered a pro. A 20 word minimum is hard to reach in the pro section.

Cons

New CEO sent out a memo saying that the benefits package will be improved... Never happened. Terrible insurance! Chain of command is useless. They fire the good agents and coaches, and keep incompetent people. Too much pressure to reach "metrics". AHT, upsell, QA, CSAT and FCR. What happened to customer service? Now we even get put on a naughty list if we give too many credits to customers. Constant fear of being fired for any reason at any time. Dish is not even remotely a "great place to work".

Better benefits. We need affordable insurance, not cruises and cars. Don't give us "talking points" and not give us time to use them. Handle time should not come into play when your job is to save customers. Your agents are disconnecting great customers just to lower their AHT. How can you be so blind? Have your agents review their coaches. You might just learn something.

Get the dish on Dish

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good product, understanding technicians, and a familiar brand name good to put on the resume considering its' Fortune 500 status.

Cons

The prototype of a hostile work environment. You will have your performance second guessed on a regular basis. Covert and overt threats are so dominant within the culture you become a victim of Stockholm, to some extent. Expecting and even sympathizing with them. A systematic process of browbeating even the best of your work, to the point of emotional exhaustion.

Unreasonable hours, constant demands that require immediate turnarounds will psychologically impact you if remaining there long term.

The culture is abusive and is indicative of a hostile work environment.

Just so you know, I was in middle management, with no write ups, and under par performance reviews. If you can at all avoid it, do not accept a position at this company. They will undervalue and demoralize you in every way possible.

I can't give any. Simply because the terror is a top down approach. They are only following instructions, robotic and fearful of their own outcome if they do not comply.

From an overall macro perspective, I would rip the entire executive management team a mound of pink slips, bring in other management from top shelf companies, and bring healing and restoration to the organizational structure. It is fruit from the poisonous tree.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH