DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Get The Facts Straight

Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Spartanburg, SC
Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

-Team oriented atmosphere.
-Opportunity for individual growth.
-Employee discounts.
-Climate controlled environment with ergonomical tools/resources.
-Competitive benefits.
-Competitive work schedule.

Cons

Room for slight improvement on hourly wages.

The company is headed in the right direction.

1883 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Great 7 years...hopefully an even better 7 years to come

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment - My co workers are great and we get along very well
    Relaxed work environment, I have dead lines and requirements that need to be met but as long as I fulfill my tasks then there is no issue and there is no micro-managing going on. I feel that I'm given work and told when it needs to be done and then I'm trusted to get things done. If I need help, my management will assist me in any way possible or shed light on anything I'm confused about . Overall I love my job.

I started in call center years ago and I worked my way through customer service ranks and then technical support ranks and now I'm working at the corporate offices and I love it. During my time in the call centers, I was recognized for my work and when I was able to produce results I was also given bonus money on my check along with other incentives which was great. Now that I'm at corporate, Dish just keeps getting better for me. I get along with all my coworkers and the atmosphere here is warm and for the most part everyone is very friendly and willing to help out any way they can. At least in the department I work for, there seems to be a strong team feeling. When things need to be done or things are escalated and need to be addressed, it feels like everyone takes responsibility as if this were their own personal company and pull together to get things done.

I feel like I'm a perfect example of hard work paying off.I worked hard in the call centers and my hard work was seen and I was tasked with some extra projects to see if I could handle them. After some time and hard work I applied for a position at the corporate headquarters and interviewed and got the job. A lot of people feel like they are stuck in call centers or have no way out, but with hard work and a bit of networking and building relationships everyone can progress in their career path. Whether that be a training position or supervisor or manager of the call center or moving to corporate, I think anything is possible if you have the drive and willingness to excel here at DISH.

Antoher thing I really respected about DISH was how they handled me joining the military after just being hired less than a year. I made the decision join the military as active duty and they helped me get everything situated before I left. After a few years in the military I moved back home and was wondering what to do with myself since I was so accustomed to being told what to do and where to live etc while in the military. I called up DISH and told them I was back and they brought me in the next day, offered me my job back with about a $7 raise from where I was when I left and I agreed. I was back in re-hire training the next week and back into the swing of things within the month.

Since Joey Clayton took over I have seen a change in the company and the overall feeling and direction it is moving in. It seems like things are being done to address the negative issues that have been brought up by former and current employees a like. In general, the moral seems to have gone up quite a bit over the last year both here at corporate and at the call centers.

I have recommended DISH as a job opportunity for mulitiple friends throughout the years and currently there are a few people still employed by DISH that I refered years ago. I would recommend DISH as a great company to work for and so far they have been great to me and I plan on sticking around for many years to come.

The free TV service is a great bonus!

Cons

Benefits could be improved on - health specifically

I feel the health plans are a bit lacking and can sometimes be overwhelming when debating on whether or not to go to the hospital due to the high deductibles that must be met with the normal plans.

Moral - It is getting better with Joe C at the helm but overall it is pretty poor, and I would assume that is because of the way the company had been run up to this point. I think the worse moral comes from call centers and maybe thats why churn is pretty high. But even at the corporate level it doesn't seem like there are many people excited to come to work. I enjoy my job and I enjoy being here and doing what I do, but I don't think most people feel that way.

Continue to move forward in this new direction. Taking feedback from workers and doing your best to make changes that can be made and fix things that are problem areas is what employees are wanting. Feeling like your feedback and your opinions and problems are being addressed is a huge moral booster and recently this appears to be happening more often and much quicker and I think its being noticed. Keep up the good work and keep the changes coming!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I work in Service. Good management, training, great opportunities for growth. You get enough training to get you started and are not handheld. You are encouraged to think for your self and to come up with out of the box solutions.
    Great people to work with. Flexible work environment. Free Dish TV service

Cons

I really have no cons. I have read the recent articles where people are said to get pay deductions if they tip over 15% on a covered meal however compant policy clearly states up to 15% gratuity. If you over tip, don't put it on your expense report and only claim the 15% and there will not be a deduction. You can't fault a company for your lack of following policy. The finger print thing is security used with an RFID badge to ensure the person carrying the badge is really you.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH