There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Good company...but could be better

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Grain Valley, MO
Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Grain Valley, MO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love working for Dish. I get guaranteed overtime in the spring and summer and depending on workloads even in fall and winter. Usually only have to work four days a week most the year. Get to work unsupervised. Being a remote technician get to keep van and equipment at home. Get to something "different" every day and meet different people every day.

Cons

The metrics which techs get bonuses is very flawed.

-Connectivity: In this technological world a lot of people are using their phones to create hotspots to get on the internet, which we cannot connect to. Or people only have limited data usage on satellite internet which our systems just eat right through the usage allowance.

-TC Rates: I don't fully blame the CSRs but some make it seem like if they cannot appease a customer over the phone or take a little time to try and troubleshoot over the phone they send a tech, which hits us with trouble calls (TC). Even something as simple as changing inputs on the tv or changing the batteries on the remote.

Benefits are awful. For myself and my two children I half to spend $140 every two weeks for the better medical insurance. I require medication and it costs me $125 every two weeks for one vial until I meet the deductible. The cost of the medication before insurance is $300. My last two jobs only required me to pay $70 every three months for six vials.

Improve the metrics of PI. Maybe remove connectivity. Investing in looking after the CSRs require notes or CSR names like the techs are to followup on bogus trouble calls. Otherwise great company.

Find better insurance

reviews filtered by
  1. Just Awesome

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Harlingen, TX
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Harlingen, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You have alot of opprtunites to advance in a career here at dish within six months of starting you can advance pretty much in any department from loyalty to ert or dd which is just awesome

Cons

just wish there were morning scheduled for the dr dish group

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!

DIsh Feedback

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Dish for 8 1/2 years now and I have seen the company change and go in many directions and have been in several sites each one being different. I have a great manager who always backs me up and tells us how well we are doing but at the same time gives us an ear full when we need it. I enjoy coming into work on a daily basis and have a great working relationship with those i work with. We have a positive working environment and have fun when we are working which makes our agents more happy which trickles down to our customer service/tech support as well. Dish does give many incentives for those agents that are doing their job correctly they give prizes and money plus coaches and managers can run their own incentives to motivate their team to do better and improve morale. I have worked many different schedules and have had many teams dismantled but i understand that is the nature of the business and things are always changing no matter where you are. I have a management staff that understands we are all people and have personal lives and hey sometimes things happen they are always involved with that and always in the loop and really care about us as people which is hard to find with other companies. But I see it as you work for your Manager not the company so if you have a manager that you get along with you will fight to get them what they want vs a manager who doesn’t care about you.

Cons

I live very far from work i have to drive about an hour daily so I wish we had another location on the west side of town. It would be nice to be closed on major holidays like other providers are My spouse works for Cox Communications and he is off every major holiday. It is hard to properly develop agents when we are not able to pull for aux or our aux gets cancelled so our development session is not completed.

Treat others the way that you want to be treated, a positive attitude and caring about your people will take you farther than you think

There are newer employer reviews for DISH