There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Good company...but could be better

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Grain Valley, MO
Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Grain Valley, MO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for Dish. I get guaranteed overtime in the spring and summer and depending on workloads even in fall and winter. Usually only have to work four days a week most the year. Get to work unsupervised. Being a remote technician get to keep van and equipment at home. Get to something "different" every day and meet different people every day.

Cons

The metrics which techs get bonuses is very flawed. -Connectivity: In this technological world a lot of people are using their phones to create hotspots to get on the internet, which we cannot connect to. Or people only have limited data usage on satellite internet which our systems just eat right through the usage allowance. -TC Rates: I don't fully blame the CSRs but some make it seem like if they cannot appease a customer over the phone or take a little time to try and troubleshoot over the phone they send a tech, which hits us with trouble calls (TC). Even something as simple as changing inputs on the tv or changing the batteries on the remote. Benefits are awful. For myself and my two children I half to spend $140 every two weeks for the better medical insurance. I require medication and it costs me $125 every two weeks for one vial until I meet the deductible. The cost of the medication before insurance is $300. My last two jobs only required me to pay $70 every three months for six vials.

Advice to Management

Improve the metrics of PI. Maybe remove connectivity. Investing in looking after the CSRs require notes or CSR names like the techs are to followup on bogus trouble calls. Otherwise great company. Find better insurance

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. Coming out of the dark

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is a new CEO changing some of the old bad habits at Dish. One of the better paying jobs in the area. They realize they are failing at job satisfaction and trying to make it better. They are changing the company's image from a cheap service provider to one of the leaders in technology.

Cons

Benefits are a litle lacking. Schedules can be a little rigid, employees are expected to be flexible.

Advice to Management

Keep using your employees as resources to fix the issues.

2. Life in the Fast Lane requires speed.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities abound. I am able to expand my knowledge in the area I work, this not only helps me but helps DISH as well. I have worked in places in the DTC that did not understand this an am happy to be working here now.

Cons

Currently drive from Colorado Springs. Glad that the company is on the south side of the DTC.