DISH

www.dish.com

Good company...but could be better

Field Service Specialist II (Current Employee) Grain Valley, MO

ProsI love working for Dish. I get guaranteed overtime in the spring and summer and depending on workloads even in fall and winter. Usually only have to work four days a week most the year. Get to work unsupervised. Being a remote technician get to keep van and equipment at home. Get to something "different" every day and meet different people every day.

ConsThe metrics which techs get bonuses is very flawed.

-Connectivity: In this technological world a lot of people are using their phones to create hotspots to get on the internet, which we cannot connect to. Or people only have limited data usage on satellite internet which our systems just eat right through the usage allowance.

-TC Rates: I don't fully blame the CSRs but some make it seem like if they cannot appease a customer over the phone or take a little time to try and troubleshoot over the phone they send a tech, which hits us with trouble calls (TC). Even something as simple as changing inputs on the tv or changing the batteries on the remote.

Benefits are awful. For myself and my two children I half to spend $140 every two weeks for the better medical insurance. I require medication and it costs me $125 every two weeks for one vial until I meet the deductible. The cost of the medication before insurance is $300. My last two jobs only required me to pay $70 every three months for six vials.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the metrics of PI. Maybe remove connectivity. Investing in looking after the CSRs require notes or CSR names like the techs are to followup on bogus trouble calls. Otherwise great company.

Find better insurance

DIsh Feedback

Advanced Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: I have been with Dish for 8 1/2 years now and I have seen the company change and go in many directions and have been… Cons: I live very far from work i have to drive about an hour daily so I wish we had another location on the west… Advice to Senior Management: Treat others the way that you want to be treated, a positive… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Despite Your Experience You lack Credibility

Good Question Changed and I Was Not Told (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Discounted TV Service that is better than Cable Cons: Micro Management Quanity VS Quality care for customer is… Advice to Senior Management: I am an adult and would appreciate to be treated like one! Not only have I been passed over for advancment the insulting reasons for being… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!