There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Good company...but could be better

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II  in  Grain Valley, MO
Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Grain Valley, MO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working for Dish. I get guaranteed overtime in the spring and summer and depending on workloads even in fall and winter. Usually only have to work four days a week most the year. Get to work unsupervised. Being a remote technician get to keep van and equipment at home. Get to something "different" every day and meet different people every day.

Cons

The metrics which techs get bonuses is very flawed.

-Connectivity: In this technological world a lot of people are using their phones to create hotspots to get on the internet, which we cannot connect to. Or people only have limited data usage on satellite internet which our systems just eat right through the usage allowance.

-TC Rates: I don't fully blame the CSRs but some make it seem like if they cannot appease a customer over the phone or take a little time to try and troubleshoot over the phone they send a tech, which hits us with trouble calls (TC). Even something as simple as changing inputs on the tv or changing the batteries on the remote.

Benefits are awful. For myself and my two children I half to spend $140 every two weeks for the better medical insurance. I require medication and it costs me $125 every two weeks for one vial until I meet the deductible. The cost of the medication before insurance is $300. My last two jobs only required me to pay $70 every three months for six vials.

Improve the metrics of PI. Maybe remove connectivity. Investing in looking after the CSRs require notes or CSR names like the techs are to followup on bogus trouble calls. Otherwise great company.

Find better insurance

1754 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Despite Your Experience You lack Credibility

Current Employee - Good Question Changed and I Was Not Told  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Good Question Changed and I Was Not Told in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Discounted TV Service that is better than Cable

Cons

Micro Management

Quanity VS Quality care for customer is out the window get the number or get

I am an adult and would appreciate to be treated like one!
    Not only have I been passed over for advancment the insulting reasons for being passed over are Master Card moments Price Less.
     It seems that in the entire company I alone have the expertise to sell Bundled Packages.
    With a proven track record of over 90% closing rate and causing a 1% Churn, one would think lets talk to this person asking for input on how to implement this company wide.

Oh no because we started out with impressive "numbers" we don't need your imput in fact becasue you speak your mind "you have lost some of your credibility with Management"

My advice Leave your ego in the parking lot or better yet at home where I leave mine and focus on making this not only a successful business but one that employees feel appreciated!
    And to do this will not cost a lot of money but some

Coming out of the dark

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There is a new CEO changing some of the old bad habits at Dish.
    One of the better paying jobs in the area.
    They realize they are failing at job satisfaction and trying to make it better.
    They are changing the company's image from a cheap service provider to one of the leaders in technology.

Cons

Benefits are a litle lacking.
    Schedules can be a little rigid, employees are expected to be flexible.

Keep using your employees as resources to fix the issues.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!