There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Rewarding Experience with Huge Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

DISH is a dynamic, growth focused enterprise that attracts people who value a challenge and expect results (from themselves, their team mates, and if the team delivers, their employer). The product is awesome and getting better with every new release. This is a rewarding work experience that delivers an education about business that money can't buy.

Cons

If you're not one to be held accountable for your actions (small and large), then DISH is not for you. There is a culture of accountability here which is becoming rare in business. This culture could be considered by some to be a negative.

Support and reward those employees who "get it". Those employees who live per your value structure of Pride, Adventure, and Winning. Continue to seek and place value in employees opinions like you have over the past year.

reviews filtered by

DISH is getting better

Current Employee - Non-Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Non-Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Get pushed to be the best you can be and as long as you work hard, are intelligent, and contribute, you will be rewarded. Stable company with a bright future of new and exciting challenges. The company is definitely improving when it comes to the culture of how employees are treated.
    I've enjoyed my years at DISH and am not considering moving, though I've had offers.

Cons

None....now. Like I said, it has gotten better and keeps improving.

Cutting people who just go thru the motions and do not really care about the company or improving things makes sense, but don't cut employees that are known by their peers to be contributors at the same time and call it a talent upgrade. It makes good employees who enjoy their jobs nervous and good employees are the ones that typically have the ability to jump jobs, even in a poor economy.

Joe Clayton (CEO) put us up to upgrading our score

Current Employee - Tester in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Tester in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Paycheck every 2 weeks, free tv

Cons

Lots and lots of overtime, no time to watch free tv

Give fair evaluations.