DISH

www.dish.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

They just don't care about their employees.

Current Employee - FSS IV
Current Employee - FSS IV

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a technician, it is good pay. Have three days off(although there are rumors that might change).

Cons

Their way or the highway mentality of management. They seem to think very house is exactly the same therefore every install should be the same. You get blamed for things that are out of your control. Because of that you lose incentive money. Long hours. When you get home, all you have time to do is eat and then go to sleep. Managements response is, "you're getting paid per hour, so just do it." "It is what it is." Upper management just cares about the numbers. Benefits are horrible and expensive.

2000 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Too scared to say much

I worked at DISH

Pros

They have the friendliness of a high school clique. Wonderfully accepting at first.

Cons

Once you have worked for a few months, DISH comes down on you HARD. Every little mistake is penalized, either in public if you are in front of enough fellow employees, or in private. If you tell anyone that you were reprimanded, you are written up for "reducing company morale". I was written up for crying after I found a razor in my purse. After showing management the razor, they claimed....well, let's just say I kept future objects planted in my desk or files secret, and I'm not about to change that now. DISH instilled the fear in me to keep my mouth shut.

Don't write up employees for having the courage to confess about being harassed.

The Good, The Bad, and The Very Bad.

Former Employee - Field Service Specialist I
    Former Employee - Field Service Specialist I

I worked at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There were some great people and the managers were helpful. The pay was great and there was plenty of work to be done.

Cons

My field coach spent more time criticizing my driving than teaching me the job. The managers didn't allow him to really show me how to do it and then expected me to meet all the performance metrics that experienced technicians have to meet. Management doesn't care about getting you home at a reasonable time and you will spend 12 or more hours a day working. If you aren't out that late, you have little or no work at all.

Actually train people, listen to them instead of criticizing, and spread out the work so people can see their families.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH