DISH
2.5 of 5 1,635 reviews
www.dishnetwork.com Denver, CO 5000+ Employees

DISH can DEFINITELY improve in many areas to make this place more enjoyable

Loyalty Agent (Current Employee)
Thornton, CO

ProsCompetitive pay, free dish tv, Paid time off

ConsPoint system for absences or lates. 5 points is what you get for 3 months. 1 point for everyday missed and 1/2 point for every day late or half day off. And by late I mean you get a 5 minute grace period and then 1 minute after that it's a half point. You gain each point back 3 months from when you used it but once you hit 5 that your final warning, miss or late one more time your fired.

Hardly any pay raises. I've been here for over a year and had one pay increase and that was 90 days after hire. Advancing within the company is based metrics. So is pay for performance, where you get commission for your upsells but then if your not perfect on metrics you lose out and the CSAT surveys that customers take, you have no control over, same goes for customers calling in within 3 days of talking to you and AHT... sometimes good customer service takes time!

No holidays off unless your scheduled off. I will give them that my call center was closed on Christmas this year, but not last year. But I had to work on my day off to get New Years, you get holiday pay BUT.... If your 1 minute late from your schedule start, 1 minute late from your lunch and log out less than 1 minute past your shift end, you don't get paid. RIDICULOUS!! AND you have to do that the day before, day of (if scheduled) and the day after. They observe black friday as a holiday but not x-mas eve.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP with the point system for absences and lates. Loosen the slack on metrics and on how you QUALIFY for holiday pay. I'm there working on a holiday when a lot of others are not having to work because they close, I should get paid regardless of whether or not I there 5 minutes before or 1 minute late considering it takes 2 minutes to log into the computer. How about pay raises more often like every 6 months.

Mostly Pleasent

ERT Chat (Current Employee)
    Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: **** Great Opportunity to move to different departments for career path now that "Internal Transfers" go through HR… Cons: **** Shift bids according to performance **** Management has a long way to go to be fully receptive to employee ideas and input ****… Advice to Senior Management: **** Many of the people I hear complain about how bad DISH is. Most likely would not last a week in the military. Too many… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Completely content in mediocrity

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros: Can make decent money Can be promoted fairly quickly I do believe that executive management has good vision for the… Cons: The majority of management has been promoted beyond their ability. There seems little interest in making the company better for the employees or customers. There is a… Advice to Senior Management: Hire an external manager/director who has experience running call centers and keeping attrition low. this individual should have authority over both… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!

DISH – Why Work for Us?

The Dish on DISH. Pride: We possess the integrity to set high goals and the commitment to achieve the results. We believe pride is a personal commitment, to do your best in everything you do.Our Core Values… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DISH reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DISH CEO Joseph Clayton. All reviews posted anonymously by DISH employees.