DISH

www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Too scared to say much

I worked at DISH

Pros

They have the friendliness of a high school clique. Wonderfully accepting at first.

Cons

Once you have worked for a few months, DISH comes down on you HARD. Every little mistake is penalized, either in public if you are in front of enough fellow employees, or in private. If you tell anyone that you were reprimanded, you are written up for "reducing company morale". I was written up for crying after I found a razor in my purse. After showing management the razor, they claimed....well, let's just say I kept future objects planted in my desk or files secret, and I'm not about to change that now. DISH instilled the fear in me to keep my mouth shut.

Don't write up employees for having the courage to confess about being harassed.

1877 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

They just don't care about their employees.

Current Employee - FSS IV
    Current Employee - FSS IV

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a technician, it is good pay. Have three days off(although there are rumors that might change).

Cons

Their way or the highway mentality of management. They seem to think very house is exactly the same therefore every install should be the same. You get blamed for things that are out of your control. Because of that you lose incentive money. Long hours. When you get home, all you have time to do is eat and then go to sleep. Managements response is, "you're getting paid per hour, so just do it." "It is what it is." Upper management just cares about the numbers. Benefits are horrible and expensive.

Not the worst, not even close to average.

Current Employee - IT Technician
    Current Employee - IT Technician

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Middle management tends to have a better grasp of this than upper management, but some people within the company can look past lack of education or experience when determining whether a candidate may be a good fit in a particular department.

Cons

As a generality, management does not care about developing employees that show promise. Rather than taking the time to develop them into a strong suitor for a particular department or position, they promote now and fire people because they weren't quite prepared for the job. The company offers absolutely zero training for management or leadership roles yet exclusively promotes from within leaving all call centers run by unqualified management. In addition to those things, upper management is severely over paid and everyone below a Regional Manager level is grossly under paid.

Offer training for individuals that are willing to learn what other positions or departments really consist of, and you will end up with stronger initial performance. In addition, offer training and mentoring programs for newly promoted individuals to continuously improve, rather than firing people that fail at the "sink or swim" model of managing (I use the word managing loosely here).

There are newer employer reviews for DISH