DISH

www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

The worst job experience I've ever had.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free dish service, money was okay - I was in top 10% of industry (nationwide). Neither of which worth the stress, lack of dignity, or belittlement you're required to endure.

Cons

Micro-management at it's worst. We'd have meetings each morning, supposedly to boost our energy / motivation...yet, your motivation was simple - if you didn't close a certain amount of sales per hour, you'll be replaced. They make it very clear, each and every day, employees are expendable. If you live in Littleton CO, you're familiar with NOW HIRING sign on outside of the building, which is there 365 days a year. Dish Network is a people mill, they probably terminate 30-45 people a month. Even as someone doing rather well, I knew my time was limited. You were considered a "VET" if you lasted 6 months (that's as far as I made it). They don't pay hourly for sales, therefore common for them to make you work 14 hr shifts daily (they were very efficient at working around CO labor laws). If you had 2-3 days off, it was mandatory you worked at least one 10 hr shift during one of those days. Family values doesn't play any part of Dish core values, allowing employees quality time with their families was never a concern. Employees safety was never a concern either, even in most treacherous road conditions you were expected to show up on time. Be forewarned, being ONE minute late is subject to termination.

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Mark 8:36

1956 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Horrible Company to Work For

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist I in Christiansburg, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist I in Christiansburg, VA

I worked at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is fairly decent, and is certainly competitive for the area, as well as free satellite TV service to employees.

Cons

I'll just list these:

-Long Hours
    -Horrible Benefits
    -"Corporate" has no value for it's employees
    -Most managerial staff could care less about its employees nor how well they perform
    -Regularly "talent manages" employees out the door for performing poorly
    -Relies heavily on certain "customer satisfaction" metrics to grade the agent, regardless of how well the agent actually performs according to the "Quality Assurance" guidelines
    -Very inflexible concerning employees who are students. I was personally informed by one of the HR managers that an agent, and I quote, "must be with their supervisor 100% of the time" even if that means having to skip classes in order to be at work
    -Risks employees lives to have an agent on the phone vs. an agent at home due to inclement weather conditions
    -Agents are trained in one way by the training department, told something else by their supervisor, and then told to do the same thing in, yet again, a different manner by a third supervisor.
    -Agents are required to follow guidelines, regardless of call situation, that sometimes lead to the agents being verbally abused by the customer, with no way to defend themselves.
    -The company enforces "Business Casual" for a call center in which the only people allowed inside, are the employees.
    -Promises agents regular pay raises based on seniority, in 6 months, following a second round of training, I still had not received the pay raise.
    -Very strict on "breaks" as being late, even by 1, "ONE", minute creates an "occurrence" which affects your attendance.

-Improve benefits
    -Change the way raises work, ie: 6 months, 1 year, 1.5 years, etc... and actually stick to those pay raises.
    -Increase Pay.
    -RELAX! And stop being so uptight with rules just for the sake of having rules. Ie: Business casual.
    -Give agents more situational power, based on a low number of supervisors for supervisor calls.

One flew over the cookoos nest

Former Employee - TSR III in McKeesport, PA
    Former Employee - TSR III in McKeesport, PA

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They will take anyone who can read, write and has a pulse.
    Long time employees are very dedicated and good at their job.
    If you are willing to stick it out for a few years you can make decent pay even with low education.

Cons

They will take anyone who can read, write and has a pulse.
    The company is very rigid yet expects their employees to be highly flexible.
    There is not enough of an incentive to keep quality people there more than a few months. Bottom line is that if you are quality, can reason and solve problems you will do well but keep looking. Until they roll out a plan to give incentive to those quality individuals they will keep leaving as soon as something better is available.

Stop moving jobs overseas.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH