There are newer employer reviews for DISH

2nd Time here, and Loving every minute!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Harlingen, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Harlingen, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can advance quickly as long as you perform!
This is the second time I have worked for Dish and I am glad I came back. If I hadn't of had family issues last year, I would never of left.
The pay is good, it covers my $540 car payment with enough left over to get groceries and necessities.
The benefits are great as it allows me to see a specialist in my area that I know will help me out, as well as allows my husband to be covered with the exact same care as me.
I know Dish used to have mandatory overtime, but at least at my call center, that has been cancelled and now they ask for overtime anytime the call volume is high, but it's not forced.
The supervisors and managers I have had contact with are great. I get assistance with anything, and I know that if I go to the site director, he will listen to what I have to say and not just blow me off.

All in all, I have to say, Dish is a great company to work for. I have no complaints.

Cons

I have no complaints about the company!

reviews filtered by
  1. Looking for excitement and career growth? DISH is where it is at!

Current Employee - General Manager in Sioux City, IA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Sioux City, IA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for 10 years. I started with the company in 2002 as a Field Service Specialist 1 and currently hold the position of General Manager. This company has come a long way in customer service and employee appreciation providing multiple benefits for both. At every level that I have progressed I have been challenged and excited about the vision and direction we are headed as a team. The career growth here at Dish is only limited by your own motivation to succeed and challenge yourself. If you're a team player and believe in internal and external customer service, skys the limit.

Cons

Cons? Here at Dish you receive great benefits, paid training, and a ladder to grow your career. I have always seen Cons as an opportunity to find solutions and Dish encourages this type of mindset. Con: Now, there are some long hours in any position you have here at dish if your dedicated to improve. So If I had any wishes to present it would be that success would come with little work, little time and I could spend more time in the woods hunting. You cannot WIN without the dedication of the team and that takes time and sacrifice. Are you that person?

Advice to Management

In the last several years you have done a stand up job at reaching out to the front line employees to really grasp what the obstacles are to productivity and customer service. You have taken feedback and implemented countless ideas from technicians and Field Management and for this I applaud you. As a company we have even taken a deeper look at how to improve the leadership training to get to the source of some of the complaints. Keep researching and improving as you have been. A solid Leadership team that believes in the development, support and success of our employees will be a major key factor to our continued success.

2. Mostly Pleasent

Current Employee - ERT Chat in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - ERT Chat in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

**** Great Opportunity to move to different departments for career path now that "Internal Transfers" go through HR instead of Coaches and Management.
    **** Shift bids according to performance
    **** Management becoming more receptive to employee initiative for ideas.

Cons

**** Shift bids according to performance
    **** Management has a long way to go to be fully receptive to employee ideas and input
    **** Too much emphases on time vs quality. I.E. using the avaerage of agents handle time that have a high call back rate.

Advice to Management

**** Many of the people I hear complain about how bad DISH is. Most likely would not last a week in the military. Too many of them expect hand outs. To me they were poampered by their parents and are unable to handle a bad situation without crying to Mommy or Daddy.