There are newer employer reviews for DISH

2nd Time here, and Loving every minute!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Harlingen, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Harlingen, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can advance quickly as long as you perform!
This is the second time I have worked for Dish and I am glad I came back. If I hadn't of had family issues last year, I would never of left.
The pay is good, it covers my $540 car payment with enough left over to get groceries and necessities.
The benefits are great as it allows me to see a specialist in my area that I know will help me out, as well as allows my husband to be covered with the exact same care as me.
I know Dish used to have mandatory overtime, but at least at my call center, that has been cancelled and now they ask for overtime anytime the call volume is high, but it's not forced.
The supervisors and managers I have had contact with are great. I get assistance with anything, and I know that if I go to the site director, he will listen to what I have to say and not just blow me off.

All in all, I have to say, Dish is a great company to work for. I have no complaints.

Cons

I have no complaints about the company!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great people & growth opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love a fast-paced work day where I'm not counting the clock. I've only been with DISH for a few months, but in the short time I've been challenged, given immense responsibility and contributed to the business. This is an exciting business! For the first time in a long time I'm happy to go to work because I'm surrounded by smart, energetic people like me who are ready to make a difference.

Cons

I wish I had more vacation time, but DISH isn't different than other corporations in terms of benefits.

2. Very happy with company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities. I feel like I am able to make a difference and I genuinely love my job. Personally, I am very happy with management and am kept challenged and engaged. I feel like I am learning, improving and contributing every day. This is a company that makes me feel ambitious. In contrast to some of the other reviews, I feel like I have plenty of autonomy and it is that freedom that makes me happy to work here (though it must be said that I don't work on the phones).

Cons

I don't feel like I have much in common with my colleagues. People seem to keep to themselves and are suspicious of someone doing a good job. There are a couple of toxic people who should be removed from the company, but that is no different from any workplace anywhere in the world.

Advice to Management

Joe Clayton is taking the company in the right direction, promoting transparency and talking with employees at all levels. Keep with this approach and recognize deserving employees.