Worthless company EVER!!!

Former Employee - Dispatcher  in  Marietta, GA
Former Employee - Dispatcher in Marietta, GA

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good schedule to work with the hours was perfect and was able to relocate to another state within the company

Cons

The change of schedules coming in at 4am was a killer just to route techs for same day, which I felt was useless only an hour to route techs!!! When Charlie mandate Dish employees to have Dish in there homes, which was the worst service every to have when they didn't have the certain channels like other provider !!! Didn't provide enough Black Station like TV one and Centric like other providers do!! Even though its cheaper but its crap when it come to Black station.

Even though you closed down Dispatch Centers and 1000 of Dispatcher became unemployed, you made working with your company like jail. Each office had rules that apply to that office didn't really award your former employees with reward of doing thing above an beyond. Work the techs like hell during winter and summer hours. You need to rethink on how you get customer and stop changing the cancellation fee from 199.00 to almost 400.00 which is high way robbery. All you big shot sitting in the office should do installments and answer phones and deal with irate Customers

Other Reviews for DISH

DishTastic!

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity if one has the right attitude and energy. The corporate culture is improving rapidly. Joe Clayton has brought fresh energy and a positive attitude. Upper Management has clearly heard the concerns and is responding; the new LEAD program is generating a lot of excitement around leadership development. Dish has a lot of very passionate people. I am confident that my boss really wants to see me succeed, both personally and professionally. I know that my input is valued and my opinions are respected.

Cons

It would be nice if we had a big enough facility to have a dedicated desk for every agent.

Visit the call centers more often. Stay longer than three hours. It's been my experience that how I choose to spend my time gives a pretty accurate representation of my priorities.

Good company. Not perfect, but I like it.

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative  in  Bluefield, WV
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Bluefield, WV

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been here less than 2 years, so my experience may be considered somewhat limited. In the time I have been here, I have felt my supervisors and their supervisors look out for me, give me tools and incentive to succeed. This is a merit-based company, advancement is based upon ability, not seniority. I've moved up quicker than others who have been here longer, based on my abilities. I know I appreciate that, it is reassuring to know that I am judged by my abilities, and not other methods. I was aware of the negative reviews of this company for some time, even before starting employment here, but took a chance. I do see that those who tend to complain tend to leave quickly. The turnover is pretty high, and I will admit, not everybody has the temperament for a call center job. Joe Clayton seems to be a guy who "gets it", I've been impressed with him, and also the people in senior management that are in my chain of command. He can come across a little gruff, but he seems to have a vision for company success. One thing that has been discussed a lot is the occasional mandatory overtime. When applying for this job, the details were made clear that the company does this, it was not a secret. I see it as job security, that instead of mass-hiring short term employees, we spread the work to the current staff.

Cons

The health insurance is not comparable to what I have had before, the cost is high (deductibles, etc), but I am glad to have a position that offers health insurance. Working holidays stinks, I see great opportunity here, other comparable companies are better about giving holidays off, and letting customers know that they value their employees enough to be closed on those days. The offshore outsourcing is disappointing, I have spent many hours correcting and apologizing for the errors caused by offshore agents. I understand they work cheaply, but management really needs to measure how much time those of us in the US spend fixing the mistakes, I don't know the cost-to-value would support the offshore workers. I think the reputation of Charlie Ergen precedes him, and a lot of folks base their opinion of the company based on him. Noted in the "Pros" that Joe Clayton seems to "get it"

Joe Clayton needs to be in the forefront, as he has been recently, as he presents a good, positive, interesting face for Dish. Please look deeper at the amount of offshoring we do, measure the true benefit-to-cost ratio (consider the time US agents have to spend correcting their mistakes). Look at giving holidays off (at least Christmas) and work with PR to explain it as a positive to our customers, that we as a company care about our employees.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!