DISH

www.dish.com

It is what it is

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI went in to DISH with eyes wide open. I knew what I was getting into, and it is as advertised... on the plus side, the pay isn't horrible for everyone, and if you stick around (and don't get "talent upgraded") there are plenty of opportunities. It's decent experience on your resume. Also, right now the company is in a very interesting place strategically with its wireless plans and whatever it's going to do with Blockbuster. Overall, the product is great - as good as any in the industry, and by far the best price.

ConsHere's the problem... the time off and benefits stink, and the company culture is terrible. Their standard line is 'DISH isn't for everyone'... yeah, ok, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't treat people with respect. With all the press they've been getting recently they've been making a lot of noise about changing things, recognizing that staff aren't happy. That's all it is though - noise. In 6 months absolutely nothing has actually changed. All they have done is ask happy staff to post here to even out the bad reviews (hence the sudden glut of reviews - nice try, but I don't think anyone is going to fall for that).

Some of the complaints people have are asinine (seriously, people, where have you worked that being in the office between 9-4 or letting your manager know in advance is an unreasonable request?), others are totally legit - they spend the absolute bare minimum on benefits; they don't recognize several public holidays and the vacation allowance is terrible; they company is cheaper than you can possibly imagine (I definitely recommend trying to avoid corporate travel); don't expect to ever work from home; employee moral is low - especially after they fire people (regularly); in many roles you'll be on call 24/7; they call the culture 'pay for performance' but in reality it's usually 'pay as little as we can get away with on an individual basis'; there is a culture of mistrust permeating from the very top, in every department, at every level. It makes it a very frustrating place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your staff and treat them with respect, provide competitive pay and benefits. Otherwise, everyone worthwhile will leave as soon as they can.

Principal Analyst/Developer

Principal Analyst/Developer (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great Opportunities. GC processing. Dynamic Environment with changing requirements. Cons: Flexible Hours. Work From Home. Health Benefits Advice to Senior Management: Pls make changes to below to be on par with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good for early career growth

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros: I ve read a lot of bad reviews and I wonder why...I think it all just depends on your team and manager. Working in the… Cons: 1. Pay is average, benefits are poor - there isnt much incentive to stay here long term 2. Company is quite rigid with work schedules, no… Advice to Senior Management: 1. Give your best people incentive to stay long term (compensation, benfits, bonuses, etc.) otherwise they will leave 2. Be flexible as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!