There are newer employer reviews for DISH

It is what it is

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

I went in to DISH with eyes wide open. I knew what I was getting into, and it is as advertised... on the plus side, the pay isn't horrible for everyone, and if you stick around (and don't get "talent upgraded") there are plenty of opportunities. It's decent experience on your resume. Also, right now the company is in a very interesting place strategically with its wireless plans and whatever it's going to do with Blockbuster. Overall, the product is great - as good as any in the industry, and by far the best price.

Cons

Here's the problem... the time off and benefits stink, and the company culture is terrible. Their standard line is 'DISH isn't for everyone'... yeah, ok, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't treat people with respect. With all the press they've been getting recently they've been making a lot of noise about changing things, recognizing that staff aren't happy. That's all it is though - noise. In 6 months absolutely nothing has actually changed. All they have done is ask happy staff to post here to even out the bad reviews (hence the sudden glut of reviews - nice try, but I don't think anyone is going to fall for that).

Some of the complaints people have are asinine (seriously, people, where have you worked that being in the office between 9-4 or letting your manager know in advance is an unreasonable request?), others are totally legit - they spend the absolute bare minimum on benefits; they don't recognize several public holidays and the vacation allowance is terrible; they company is cheaper than you can possibly imagine (I definitely recommend trying to avoid corporate travel); don't expect to ever work from home; employee moral is low - especially after they fire people (regularly); in many roles you'll be on call 24/7; they call the culture 'pay for performance' but in reality it's usually 'pay as little as we can get away with on an individual basis'; there is a culture of mistrust permeating from the very top, in every department, at every level. It makes it a very frustrating place to work.

Trust your staff and treat them with respect, provide competitive pay and benefits. Otherwise, everyone worthwhile will leave as soon as they can.

1788 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Principal Analyst/Developer

Current Employee - Principal Analyst/Developer in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Principal Analyst/Developer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Opportunities.
    GC processing.
    Dynamic Environment with changing requirements.

Cons

Flexible Hours.
    Work From Home.
    Health Benefits

Pls make changes to below to be on par with other IT shops.
    Flexible Hours
    Work From Home.
    Health Benefits.

Get the Training pay and then run

Current Employee - Field Technician in Perry, OK
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Perry, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

free training pay, free uniforms to destory

Cons

terrible company to work for. might as well be in the middle of nigeria making 7.5 cents a hour

quit