DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

I still love my job!

Current Employee - Middle Management
Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Dish for over 7 years and every morning I get up still excited to be able to go to work. I enjoy my job and my co-workers. I am excited about the new direction of Dish and the new management teams.

Cons

Health benefits are not the best; however I have health benefits. I wish the annual deductible was not so high; and if I had dependents I would not be able to meet that deductible

Spend money like it's your own is great; however let's show employees that we care during the holdiays and meet us in the middle on Holiday gatherings.

1955 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Fast paced changing rules that impact employees negatively. People run when it's time to leave work.

I worked at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are able to overcome the ever changing PFP (pay for performance) rules. You may just be lucky enough to see a 200-500 sales commission and pfp in your check every 3 months.

Cons

Changing pfp rules once learning curve is reached,
    Male dominated, recruiting college students to work under supervisors who are jealous of their education, managers wanting you to kiss up to them constantly, glass ceiling, no minorities in management, supervisory positions

If you want to know why the brightest most educated of your employees flee, it's due to management always changing the rules so they can stay relevant in their unnecessary positions. Managers of certain dept promote based on looks and race and what you can do for them. Some want you to do favors for them. One manager told me in order for me to get promoted I need to put myself out there to him. He cleaned it up and said I need to impress him more. I took it as another dig that I don't suck up to him, worship at his feet or flirt with him. he is disgusting. Also the coaches you have there are so of the nicest people except for few who thinks they can treat agents like crap and write them up for everything.
    I am so glad I left DISH. It wasn't worth it seriously.

Good Career Advancement, Poor Compensation

Current Employee - IT Manager
    Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to advance within department

Cons

Compensation is poor. Your typical promotion increase is 8-10% from a Very low base salary(typically bottom 20th percentile). Yearly merit increases are 2-4% for high perforners. Senior management cuts down any chance of adjustments, citing poor econmy or lack of budget.

Revamp the entire compensation structure. Take a look at national percentiles and bring all of your employees into the 50th percentile!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH