There are newer employer reviews for DISH

The best company I have worked for

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging environment, growth opportunities, & great team cohesion. I hadn't been with the company barely 2 months before I was presenting to EVPs. The managers/directors/VPs I report to often ask for my opinion when it comes time to make a decision and they don't feel they always have to be the one who came up with the idea. Working for Dish challenges me on a daily basis and I feel that I learn something new everyday. Not long after I started at the company I received an offer from another organization that paid significantly more but I didn't hesitate to turn it down because the experience and on the job education I receive at Dish are priceless. Joe Clayton is a visionary leader and it's obvious when he speaks that he cares about his employees.

Cons

Although there is great cohesion within teams there seems to be a disconnect between teams sometimes. It's not uncommon to hear the frustration in the voice of a person from another team when you request their help.

Advice to Management

Work on building cohesion between teams and remove the us vs. them mentality that seems to be present between teams.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. Best job ever.

Current Employee - F S S Lv 1 in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - F S S Lv 1 in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tools,equipment,vehicle/gas,uniforms,all provided. Plenty of time outside,on the road, and indoors. And almost everyone is happy to see you.

Cons

If you are lazy, weak, inflexible, and/or unintelligent, this might not be the best career opportunity. This is a job for those who are up for a challenge.

Advice to Management

"If your going through hell, keep going."- W.Churchill

2. Structured environment with large potential if your okay with micro - management

Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Memphis, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

They are an international company and for that reason there is of course a large potential for advancement so long as you want to work hard to get there. The company also has invested largely into technology to include the Samsung Note so that you can work more efficiently and keep everything from the activations, to the customer's signature all digital and hassle free. This technology continues into your routes, GPS to customer location and so forth. You can start on the bottom end as a FSS1 (Installer) if you know your stuff can be a lead technician by your first year. After a few years with the company you may have the option to move up to a FSM (Field Service Manager). From there it depends on the route you wish to take and where you are wanting to go.. Even during your time as an installer there are many routes and options that you have. You will be SCBA certified and then you can go back through more training to become certified to do Smart Home. Through all of your training you increase in level of pay and there are some techs pushing around $25-30hr. All depends on how hard you want to work and how long...

Cons

The great thing is the structured environment and there is a lot technology to help make your job easier but that all comes at a cost. The FSM's are able to at any point in the day know your exact location, know what your doing and how.. Generally this isn't a problem if you are doing what you are supposed to do however it does make you wonder how much you are trusted.

Advice to Management

Management at this location seems to be very interested in the employees lives and the things that are going on which affect work. Most of the management is prior military to include marines which makes the management style a little "in your face". You have to understand though at least in my perspective that this is a good thing. You know what you are getting and you don't have to wonder about uncertainties. You know what is expected of you and there is no reason that you can't do your job as they give you everything that you would need to complete the task. They do a great job and they work hard. Keep up the good work. The only advice that could be given is to the upper management. STOP HOLDING CONNECTIVITY AGAINST THE TECH! We can not control the fact that more and more people are dropping traditional forms of connectivity. More people JUST LIKE ME use their phone for internet. Why are we being graded on this is we can't control it. Trust that your employees are connecting the ones they can and leave the rest alone.