DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

The best company I have worked for

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Challenging environment, growth opportunities, & great team cohesion. I hadn't been with the company barely 2 months before I was presenting to EVPs. The managers/directors/VPs I report to often ask for my opinion when it comes time to make a decision and they don't feel they always have to be the one who came up with the idea. Working for Dish challenges me on a daily basis and I feel that I learn something new everyday. Not long after I started at the company I received an offer from another organization that paid significantly more but I didn't hesitate to turn it down because the experience and on the job education I receive at Dish are priceless. Joe Clayton is a visionary leader and it's obvious when he speaks that he cares about his employees.

Cons

Although there is great cohesion within teams there seems to be a disconnect between teams sometimes. It's not uncommon to hear the frustration in the voice of a person from another team when you request their help.

Work on building cohesion between teams and remove the us vs. them mentality that seems to be present between teams.

1889 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work but not for everyone

Current Employee - Operations Manager in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been here 7 years and been promoted four times. If you work you will be rewarded. Fast paced not for those who just show up to work to get a paycheck and then while about here.

Cons

No company credit card. Must share hotel rooms when traveling in groups

Keep moving forward

Dish is not for the easily winded.

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Norman, OK
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Norman, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay, benefits, and opportunity for advancement. A lot of interaction with all likes of people. You don't have a manager up your a... all day long.

Cons

Long work days, normally about 10 hours a day but it could be in excess of 15 hours in a day. I only have to work 4 days a week at the moment because my office is over their quota for techs. However, if it drops below the quota then you may be required to work mandatory 5th days.

Hire more qualified management.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH