There are newer employer reviews for DISH

The best company I have worked for

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Challenging environment, growth opportunities, & great team cohesion. I hadn't been with the company barely 2 months before I was presenting to EVPs. The managers/directors/VPs I report to often ask for my opinion when it comes time to make a decision and they don't feel they always have to be the one who came up with the idea. Working for Dish challenges me on a daily basis and I feel that I learn something new everyday. Not long after I started at the company I received an offer from another organization that paid significantly more but I didn't hesitate to turn it down because the experience and on the job education I receive at Dish are priceless. Joe Clayton is a visionary leader and it's obvious when he speaks that he cares about his employees.

Cons

Although there is great cohesion within teams there seems to be a disconnect between teams sometimes. It's not uncommon to hear the frustration in the voice of a person from another team when you request their help.

Advice to Management

Work on building cohesion between teams and remove the us vs. them mentality that seems to be present between teams.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Place to work but not for everyone

Current Employee - Operations Manager in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been here 7 years and been promoted four times. If you work you will be rewarded. Fast paced not for those who just show up to work to get a paycheck and then while about here.

Cons

No company credit card. Must share hotel rooms when traveling in groups

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward

2. Best job ever.

Current Employee - F S S Lv 1 in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - F S S Lv 1 in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Tools,equipment,vehicle/gas,uniforms,all provided. Plenty of time outside,on the road, and indoors. And almost everyone is happy to see you.

Cons

If you are lazy, weak, inflexible, and/or unintelligent, this might not be the best career opportunity. This is a job for those who are up for a challenge.

Advice to Management

"If your going through hell, keep going."- W.Churchill

There are newer employer reviews for DISH