Looking for excitement and career growth? DISH is where it is at!

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Sioux City, IA
Current Employee - General Manager in Sioux City, IA

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with the company for 10 years. I started with the company in 2002 as a Field Service Specialist 1 and currently hold the position of General Manager. This company has come a long way in customer service and employee appreciation providing multiple benefits for both. At every level that I have progressed I have been challenged and excited about the vision and direction we are headed as a team. The career growth here at Dish is only limited by your own motivation to succeed and challenge yourself. If you're a team player and believe in internal and external customer service, skys the limit.

Cons

Cons? Here at Dish you receive great benefits, paid training, and a ladder to grow your career. I have always seen Cons as an opportunity to find solutions and Dish encourages this type of mindset. Con: Now, there are some long hours in any position you have here at dish if your dedicated to improve. So If I had any wishes to present it would be that success would come with little work, little time and I could spend more time in the woods hunting. You cannot WIN without the dedication of the team and that takes time and sacrifice. Are you that person?

In the last several years you have done a stand up job at reaching out to the front line employees to really grasp what the obstacles are to productivity and customer service. You have taken feedback and implemented countless ideas from technicians and Field Management and for this I applaud you. As a company we have even taken a deeper look at how to improve the leadership training to get to the source of some of the complaints. Keep researching and improving as you have been. A solid Leadership team that believes in the development, support and success of our employees will be a major key factor to our continued success.

Other Reviews for DISH

The rollercoaster of life

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been here many years and have been able to move up into better positions many times.
    Great people work here
    Its a paycheck and I think Joe C is making things better

Cons

pay does not seem very competitive
    expectations between all of the managers are not consistent
    it is not what you know but rather who you know

appreciate your employees and make sure they feel it

A Business Analyst's view of Dish

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For the most part, Dish provides a challenging, fast paced and collaborative environment. There are many lifelong learning opportunities due to a large variety of projects and people involved (i.e. a variety of ethnic and age groups with a variety of skill sets). There is a feeling of excitement and anticipation as new employees are being hired and new projects are being considered (e.g. how are we going to use the broadband spectrum).

Cons

There is still some co-worker negativity and resistance to change, although this is changing with the addition of new employees/management. Some long time employees seem to have been pushed up into management without the necessary skill sets.

Continue to work on rewarding and promoting based on performance. Review mid-level manager skill sets (e.g. ability to praise, encourage and enable). Continue to improve and promote teamwork (e.g. between business and IT). Continue your efforts in making Dish a desireable and fun place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!