DISH

www.dish.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Getting Better.... still a ways to go

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly employees/peers, pay for performance bonuses, profit sharing, opportunities for advancement locally, stateside and abroad.

Cons

Upper management seems out of touch at times to realities that front line employees face, employees worked to burnout, negatives that all other call center employees can face - constantly changing goals, angry customers, overworked supervisors, asked to change schedules with little notice, no exceptions for higher education for scheduling (unless you are hired as an intern)

There are people in DISH that don't feel appreciated. Be wary of asking them to post feedback.

2002 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Fast paced changing rules that impact employees negatively. People run when it's time to leave work.

I worked at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are able to overcome the ever changing PFP (pay for performance) rules. You may just be lucky enough to see a 200-500 sales commission and pfp in your check every 3 months.

Cons

Changing pfp rules once learning curve is reached,
    Male dominated, recruiting college students to work under supervisors who are jealous of their education, managers wanting you to kiss up to them constantly, glass ceiling, no minorities in management, supervisory positions

If you want to know why the brightest most educated of your employees flee, it's due to management always changing the rules so they can stay relevant in their unnecessary positions. Managers of certain dept promote based on looks and race and what you can do for them. Some want you to do favors for them. One manager told me in order for me to get promoted I need to put myself out there to him. He cleaned it up and said I need to impress him more. I took it as another dig that I don't suck up to him, worship at his feet or flirt with him. he is disgusting. Also the coaches you have there are so of the nicest people except for few who thinks they can treat agents like crap and write them up for everything.
    I am so glad I left DISH. It wasn't worth it seriously.

Good Career Advancement, Poor Compensation

Current Employee - IT Manager
    Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to advance within department

Cons

Compensation is poor. Your typical promotion increase is 8-10% from a Very low base salary(typically bottom 20th percentile). Yearly merit increases are 2-4% for high perforners. Senior management cuts down any chance of adjustments, citing poor econmy or lack of budget.

Revamp the entire compensation structure. Take a look at national percentiles and bring all of your employees into the 50th percentile!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH