If you want your education stolen and not payed for, work here.

Current Employee - I DO IT ALL  in  Hilliard, OH
Current Employee - I DO IT ALL in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I really can not think of any pros to working for Dish unless you are under 30 and included in the directors circle of friends.

Cons

Dish doesn't want to pay for the knowledge of their employees. If a person has a Computer Science degree they will steal your knowledge on recordings then train it to others, but never pay you even a the salary you are worth. (unless you are under 30)

give up the playground bullying and put the people that deserve it in the positions deserved instead of your out of the office playmates!

Other Reviews for DISH

Good and improving

Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dish overall, has an excellent way of listening to their employees, through forums, tool review pages and traveling feedback groups. On site our management is good at getting feedback for needs when it is received, there are chances all day for even the newest agents to give feedback and chance both the tools and the morale around them. Additionally onsite there are constant incentives for rewards(both monitory payouts and physical items) that you can get for just hitting your metrics. We receive multiple visits from senior management per year where roundtables are held, which allows for consistent change. I have worked in several areas with this company, from tech only agent, customer service agent, advanced technical support, supervising/coaching and now as a Business Operations Specialist. In each department there is a place for those with initiative who strive for change and to develop not only their co-workers but the company it's self.

Cons

The 401k benefit and stock options are good, however the medical benefits are lacking with Dish, no HMO's available all PPO benefits. Shifts can sometimes have a high agent to coach ratio, which can leave new hires and struggling agents with less guidance and help than could be given. The training for new hires is focused on skill sets that are needed by the agents and often misses some of the technical parts that are required for the job. Working from agent up here, you will need to have the initiative to research your tools and learn your products to have a guaranteed success.

Please continue with the changes put in place in the last year. The ability for all levels of this company to provide input is absolutely vital to the proactive and positive change in the company. Continuing the projects in CSC's to turn out root issues and visit corporate HQ to present ideas will help the company change both morale and productivity on site. When your employees feel like you are listening, you will receive more feedback.

join them if you want bad benefits

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

- some of the ppl i worked with were awesome
    - ok pay
    - not much overtime
    - well, you dont need to think a lot

Cons

- benefit is so bad
    - hr is so bad
    - no career
    - well, you dont need to think a lot

fix the con

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!