There are newer employer reviews for DISH

If you want your education stolen and not payed for, work here.

Current Employee - I DO IT ALL in Hilliard, OH
Current Employee - I DO IT ALL in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really can not think of any pros to working for Dish unless you are under 30 and included in the directors circle of friends.

Cons

Dish doesn't want to pay for the knowledge of their employees. If a person has a Computer Science degree they will steal your knowledge on recordings then train it to others, but never pay you even a the salary you are worth. (unless you are under 30)

give up the playground bullying and put the people that deserve it in the positions deserved instead of your out of the office playmates!

reviews filtered by

Incredible opportunity, outstanding colleagues, dynamic company

Current Employee - Director in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

DISH is truly a company under transformation. This is a company that recognizes that there is a path to be a better company tomorrow than it was yesterday, and it is willing to take risky internal and external steps to get there. This is an unbelievably rare quality among large corporations and thoroughly under appreciated. It is a place where I believe the best idea has a better-than-average chance of coming to fruition. Moreover, I have found the culture to be the fairest I have participated in. It is a tough place to work? Yes -- most environments that expect high achievement are.

Cons

DISH needs to continue address the the various policies drive needless resentment among employees and thwart the company's need to attract and retain the best talent possible.

Management has truly been working to listen more to employees in 2012; it's impacting engagement for the better -- keep it up in 2013.
    Continue your willingness to address out-dated, or less-than-productive policies; expect more from managers when it comes to employee development and coaching.
    Finally, stop being penny wise and pound foolish. Recognize the policies that irritate employees have a hard cost in terms of productivity and resentment.

Get some experience and leave

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They hire recent grads and people with relatively little experience
    There are some great people who work here
    If you talk to the right people, you can get help in learning various programs that are useful

Cons

Mediocre compensation and benefits
    Obsessive micromanagement about time cards

Rather than planning ahead, making decisions, and committing to them, most mid-level managers are constantly reacting I the whims of senior management. Since they don't generally have a good understanding of the data or what happens on the ground and they ignore any input from their analysts, this wastes a tremendous amount of time and results in poor decision making.
    Analysts are often set up to fail because management makes absurd demands without understanding the work that goes into their requests. These requests are expected to be met immediately (often impossible), and then the next week they change their mind and the process starts all over again. Since they don't want to hear any input from the people actually doing the work, and rarely recognize their hard work, advancement tends to be based on your willingness to blindly obey management and keep your mouth shut. I have worked here for about a year. In that time, pretty much my entire team has turned over. I think that's a pretty good indicator of how happy employees are. Their treatment of csrs/techs is even more reprehensible. If you're going to work here, get the experience you need and get out as soon as possible.

Stop acting like chickens with your heads cut off and actually listen to the people who are doing the day to day work of making the company function

There are newer employer reviews for DISH