DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

If you want your education stolen and not payed for, work here.

Current Employee - I DO IT ALL in Hilliard, OH
Current Employee - I DO IT ALL in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really can not think of any pros to working for Dish unless you are under 30 and included in the directors circle of friends.

Cons

Dish doesn't want to pay for the knowledge of their employees. If a person has a Computer Science degree they will steal your knowledge on recordings then train it to others, but never pay you even a the salary you are worth. (unless you are under 30)

give up the playground bullying and put the people that deserve it in the positions deserved instead of your out of the office playmates!

1854 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Incredible opportunity, outstanding colleagues, dynamic company

Current Employee - Director in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

DISH is truly a company under transformation. This is a company that recognizes that there is a path to be a better company tomorrow than it was yesterday, and it is willing to take risky internal and external steps to get there. This is an unbelievably rare quality among large corporations and thoroughly under appreciated. It is a place where I believe the best idea has a better-than-average chance of coming to fruition. Moreover, I have found the culture to be the fairest I have participated in. It is a tough place to work? Yes -- most environments that expect high achievement are.

Cons

DISH needs to continue address the the various policies drive needless resentment among employees and thwart the company's need to attract and retain the best talent possible.

Management has truly been working to listen more to employees in 2012; it's impacting engagement for the better -- keep it up in 2013.
    Continue your willingness to address out-dated, or less-than-productive policies; expect more from managers when it comes to employee development and coaching.
    Finally, stop being penny wise and pound foolish. Recognize the policies that irritate employees have a hard cost in terms of productivity and resentment.

bad company

Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great pay if you jump through every single hoop and dont have bad luck with customers who call in bullcrap trouble calls on you.

Cons

if a customer damages or alters their system, if they disconnect something/get a new tv or if the equipment goes bad or any such thing like this... they will call dish.. dish will build a trouble call.. which gets your paycheck docked.. matters not at all if it was in ANY way your fault.

Pay your employees right (not saying more, just saying right). Train CSR reps not to build bullcrap trouble calls just to avoid the service call fee fight with the customer. This simple step will stop HALF your turnover rate.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH