There are newer employer reviews for DISH

If you want your education stolen and not payed for, work here.

Current Employee - I DO IT ALL in Hilliard, OH
Current Employee - I DO IT ALL in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really can not think of any pros to working for Dish unless you are under 30 and included in the directors circle of friends.

Cons

Dish doesn't want to pay for the knowledge of their employees. If a person has a Computer Science degree they will steal your knowledge on recordings then train it to others, but never pay you even a the salary you are worth. (unless you are under 30)

Advice to Management

give up the playground bullying and put the people that deserve it in the positions deserved instead of your out of the office playmates!

reviews filtered by

A Portrait of Dish

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Dish coming up on 5 years and started as a frontline agent. I have worked hard and have been given opportunities to advance. This is a company that will reward hard work and has been an enjoyable adventure for me. I love technology and being on the cutting edge of a lot of really meaningful products that bring solutions to many people that had none before. Dish is a company that is willing to take on challenges and make their own path...I really think if you have an entrepreneurial spirit that treats this company like it's their own then Dish is a career that will give back (stocks, 401k). Dish has also given me the opportunity to travel and experience new cultures. It truly has been a wonderful experience for me.

Cons

My site has done a tremondous job of retaining our employees and I have had a team of agents that have been on my team for years. The people I work with our an entension of my family and like any family, we have good and bad days(but mostly good), As long as you have a positive attitude and can look past the trying days and see the big picture, Dish will give back to you and opportunities will arise. If you don't have a passion for the job then you probably will neglect it and eventually it will end.

Advice to Management

We do have a strong team of managers that is focused and care about employees and our customers. Trust that you are going down the right path...it's the right one.

Get some experience and leave

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They hire recent grads and people with relatively little experience
    There are some great people who work here
    If you talk to the right people, you can get help in learning various programs that are useful

Cons

Mediocre compensation and benefits
    Obsessive micromanagement about time cards

Rather than planning ahead, making decisions, and committing to them, most mid-level managers are constantly reacting I the whims of senior management. Since they don't generally have a good understanding of the data or what happens on the ground and they ignore any input from their analysts, this wastes a tremendous amount of time and results in poor decision making.
    Analysts are often set up to fail because management makes absurd demands without understanding the work that goes into their requests. These requests are expected to be met immediately (often impossible), and then the next week they change their mind and the process starts all over again. Since they don't want to hear any input from the people actually doing the work, and rarely recognize their hard work, advancement tends to be based on your willingness to blindly obey management and keep your mouth shut. I have worked here for about a year. In that time, pretty much my entire team has turned over. I think that's a pretty good indicator of how happy employees are. Their treatment of csrs/techs is even more reprehensible. If you're going to work here, get the experience you need and get out as soon as possible.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like chickens with your heads cut off and actually listen to the people who are doing the day to day work of making the company function